How to check SAP Fiori Usage?
Everyone using SAP will at some point of time will start using SAP Fiori. For every Mobile app Usage of the App is very important. This blog will cover how you check the Metering Usage of SAP Fiori App. This is available in both SAP ECC and SAP S/4HANA
Login to SAP and go to Transaction Code
SE38–>Enter Report name /IWFND/R_METERING_VIEW
Now Execute and Select the Date Range
Now Execute and we get the below result. It Contains the below detailed fields
Tech. Svc. Name
Number of Entries 0
Response Size 0
Time Stamp 0
OData Channel used
Duration in microseconds 0
It also tells who is using and when and which app so you can plan your training accordingly
This is very useful for the Business and IT to check for user Adoption.
This should be used in SAP and SAP S/4HANA.
Use the below details also
- Report /IWFND/R_METERING_AGGREGATE which will take the aggregated details from table /IWFND/L_MET_COL into other tables (/IWFND/L_MET_AGR, /IWFND/L_METAGR, /IWFND/D_MET_AGR).
- Report /IWFND/R_METERING_VIEW is to view metering details. This will read details from /IWFND/L_MET_COL table and display it in an ALV grid, once you run the report check the operation field in Display metering data to know the type of operation executed from front end.
- Report /IWFND/R_METERING_CRT_JOBS can be used to schedule above aggregation report as a batch job.
- Function Module /IWFND/METERING_AUDIT on execution returns Obj count in result
- Report /IWFND/R_METERING_DELETE can be used to delete old metering information from Gateway tables.
Below is the Video link
Thanks for the blog.
Just to add, SAP GW has many metering Reports.
Pls check the SAP Note which SAP has provided for all these Reports & FAQs.
2506498 - Monitoring SAP Fiori Application Usage
2237375 - SAP Netweaver Gateway Metering FAQ
This was helpful.
Do you know for how long the data is stored in tables?
I think it is based on how Basis has scheduled it. In My system I have 6 months data
Hi Agardip Kar,
I followed the blog, but I am getting the following screen "No metering available for Selection criteria.
I am using following report: /IWFND/R_METERING_VIEW. I am on SAP Fiori System( ECC )
Is there any setting?
Thanks and Regards,
/iwfnd/l_met_dat table gives tech_srv_name however how to find the exact application name against that service name (any specific table?)
I do not see any stats when I run the report /IWFND/R_METERING_VIEW. Is this because we are using SCP for Odata provisioning? Or are there some other pre-requisites for this report.?
Please you might have to run these reports respectively
From this metering data can anyone know which service call actually loads the FIORI launchpad? I know launchpad uses INTEROP service but which particular request loads the launchpad. I am trying to get the users Fiori Launchpad last login info. Thanks.
The reports are giving some indication of the appt being run, making it in some cases hard to determine the exact app name.
We had in our projects the same need (specifically to track testing progress), so we have developed an FLP plugin that records the target mapping. See details in my blog post "Apps usage report for SAP Fiori launchpad (Monitoring SAP Fiori applications)".
This works only for Fiori apps based on oData services. Do you know if there is a separate report for Fiori apps based on Webdynpro, Webclient UI and GUI technology ?
On S4/HANA are the new tables /IWFND/L_MET_DAT and /IWFND/L_METAGR?
If these are empty what needs to be enabled?