Email Blast- Cloud for Customer
An e-mail blast is a mass-e-mail tool that you can use to send information to a large group of recipients at the same time. For example, sales personnel may use e-mail blasts to send out quick informational e-mails to announce new products, send monthly newsletters, or call attention to a company blog i.e. expectation is to send communication/information to the bigger audience which can be used for one way communication, however replies still be captured in the system if any.
To use e-mail blasts, your administrator must make the appropriate settings in your solution. Below are the sequence of actions needs to be performed by administrator user:
Pre-requisite Mass Email Functionality needs to be activated
Once activation is done successfully customer can use the Email Blast from their respective tenant.
Scoping/Enabling the Email Blast view:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Navigate to Implementation Projects view.
- Click on Edit Project Scope and go to Step 4 – Questions.
- Go to Sales -> Account and Activity Management -> Activity Management.
- Tick the checkbox for the question under E-Mail Blasts option, “Do you want to send personalized mass e-mails to many accounts at the same time?“.
- Save your changes.
- Logout of the system and login again.
Create Email Blast:
In order to create Email Blast you need to have access/authorization to the Email Blast view from the Activities work center.
Please follow the below steps to create Email Blast:
- Go to Activities work center.
- Go to Email Blast view.
- Click on Create icon.
- Fill the Name, Add Target group, Add a Template & Add the initial to the From Email.
- Click on Save and Open.
Note: In the From field mass email activated sub-domain will automatically populated.
Execute Email Blast:
Please follow the below steps to execute the Email Blast:
- Open the Created Email Blast.
- Click on Edit (If any changes required).
- Click on Actions.
- Click on Execute.
- It will populate the window for Schedule Execution, Either you can Schedule for specific time or Schedule Immediately
- Click on OK.
- Refresh the Status/Go to Execution Details to see the status of the Email Blast.
Replies to E-mail Blasts:
Reply To address cannot be changed from the Email Blast, it will be defaulted to *.firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you Reply to the Email which is received via Email Blast will come and sit in the system under Replies tab as shown below:
If you don’t get any Emails even after customer/contact replied to the email which is sent via Email/Campaign, Request you to create incident from same tenant with details and send it to SAP Product Support.
Further you can refer to the Help Portal document link: Activities FAQ.