How to unlock locked data , Tables or Configuration ?
In your journey as SAP consultant you must face this issue before
The data is locked by user XXXX and can be displayed only.
Do you want to display locked data?
This blog post going to talk about two different ways that can be used to handle this issue
– Using transaction SM04
– Using transaction SM12
By end of this video you will know how to :
1. Use SM04 Transaction to display all system logged on users
2. Select user screen to close – End users session
3. Use SM12 Transaction to display all locked objects
4. Checking locked objects status
5. Unlock locked objects
6. Difference in impact between SM04 and SM12
Important Note by Veselina Peykova *Please consider before applying SM12:
- Do not do this unless you are absolutely sure that you understand the consequences of deleting certain locks!
- There is a good reason why the lock concept exists in the first place – it is to avoid inconsistencies when you update database records. And there is also a good reason why such manual lock deletions are stored in the system log (SM21).
- The official SAP documentation states: “Only delete lock entries if you are sure that they are invalid and can be deleted without impairing an active process (user session, update, and so on). Deleting a lock held by an active user can lead to loss of the data entered by the user or to data inconsistencies.”
This blog video available in Arabic and English versions
Now you can use SM04 & SM12 to enable data modifications when blocked by other user