The SAP ERP integration scenario with SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central enables the following processes and steps:
- Integration of employee data between SAP ERP and SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central where the employee data of SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central enable ERP processes, such as travel expenses or purchase orders.
- Integration of organizational data between SAP ERP and SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central to synchronize organizational information, such as the enterprise structure data or reporting lines.
- Integration of financial data, such as cost center and cost center assignment integration between SAP ERP FI and SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central.
- Integration of Payment statement with SAP ERP Payroll.
Replication of Data from SF to ERP often gives some errors which sometimes doesn’t support the standard SAP configuration setup, one of such error- Manager is not valid in the Period in Organization Assignment Replication is due to the SAP Standard Configurations.
Work Around for Org Replication error –Manager is not valid in the Period
Issue description: We get this error Manager is not valid in the Period in Organization Assignment Replication
Background of the issue:
This is an error in Organization Assignment Replication for the following reasons:
- When the Manager assigned for an employee in the historical records of Job Information portlet gets Terminated.
- Employees of the Managers who have a future dated Termination record in Job Information portlet.
- Employees who are reporting to Contingent Managers, Contingent employees will have a Future Dated Termination Event (ECWK) and a Terminated Status which gets updated during the time of their Work Order creation.
Impact of this error:
Employees with this error in Organization Assignment Replication will not get their Organization Structure data updated from SF to SAP.
Cause of this issue:
This issue occurs when the Employees Position tries to build a Reporting Relationship with Managers Position (which is an A 002 Relationship in SAP) and when the Managers Status in Job Information portlet is found to be in Terminated Status it throws an error as “Employee 123: Manager 999 is not valid in the Period “
This error will be for the record having a Manager in Termination Status either historical record, future or when a Manager is a Contingent Employee.
How to fix this issue?
There’s a switch in Org Replication configuration in BIB (Table- V_T77S0_SFSFI_REDOA) for the Group SFSFI –OANSS which needs to be activated as below.
The Activation of this Switch will suppress the Employees’ Position to Manager’s Position Relationship in Org Assignment Replication, which is causing the error due to Terminated Status of Contingent and Historical records having Terminated Managers.
How to Replicate Manager to SAP Org Structure from SF?
There are two ways of fetching a Manager in SAP
- Reporting Relationship (A 002) between Employees’ Position to Manager’s Position, which we need to suppress in Org. Assignment Replication.
- A Department’s Chief of Org Unit (A 012) where employee belongs to will be his/her Manager, which his as below in SF.
The employees’ Manager can be still updated in SAP Org Structure through this A 012 Relationship.
The Employee should be either belong to the same Department where Manager is HOD, the employees’ Department should be the one where Manager is Head of Department.
The Employees’ Department should be updated with Parent Department as Manager’s Department.
In either case the SAP Organization Structure will get updated with Manager as in SF Org Structure and the same updated in Job Information Portlet.
Conclusion :The Org Structure updates from the error caused in the Organization Assignment Replication due to Terminated Status of Reporting Manager who has been assigned in Job Information Portlet can be overcome with the following solution with out affecting the update of the Manager in SAP Org Structure as in EC Org Chart.