Earlier this year, we unveiled the new SAP cloud based Development Environment – the SAP Business Application Studio. Since then, we worked very hard to add new features, capabilities and supporting content to the product.
In this blog, I will share a selection of valuable “assets” for anyone that is interested to know more about Business Application Studio. You can also check out this link to see all available Business Application Studio Tutorials.
I hope you will find this list helpful.
The content in the blog is grouped based on the following categories:
- Product vision & value
- Getting to know Business Application Studio
- Supported Development Scenarios
- Business Application getting started
- Web IDE to Business Application Studio migration
- Useful links
Product vision & value
- Business Application Studio Value Proposition Blog
- To find out What’s new in Business Application Studio – take a look at the ”Its time to try our Sap Business Application Studio” blog
- To understand the Business Application Studio openness concept – take a look at the following Blog
Getting to know Business Application Studio
- Video: SAP Business Application Studio demo at UI5Con keynote session
- Video: SAP Business Application Studio on Fiori-Side-Chat podcast
- Understand the SAP Business Application Studio Dev Space concept.
- Get an introduction to the basic IDE features and functions in this product walkthrough
- Get to know the Business Application Studio productivity tools overview, that are key drivers in improving the development time-to-value.
- Multitarget Application (MTA) – development toolkit
Supported Development Scenarios
One of the key strength of Business Application Studio is in the SAP Development Scenarios optimization. Hereby, is a group of assets dealing with various development scenarios:
SAP Fiori (frontend) development:
- SAP Fiori development with SAP Business Application Studio
- SAP Fiori Overview: Design, Develop and Deploy – openSAP course
- Evolved Web Apps with SAPUI5
- Adaptation Project – Your one stop tool for extending SAPUI5 Applications
- SAP Fiori Elements using SAP Business Application Studio
Full Stack development:
- Developing CAP applications in SAP Business Application Studio
- Build a Business Application Using CAP for Java
- Building Applications with SAP Cloud Application Programming Model – openSAP Course
- Call API Business Hub API from a SAPUI5 Application
Develop SAP Cloud Platform Extension Factory, serverless runtime application
Building Mobile Apps:
- Create a protected ODATA Service in SAP Business Application Studio and consume it with an offline MDK app
- HANA Cloud with SAP Cloud Application Programming Model and SAPUI5 – Part 1: Project Setup and First DB Build
- HANA Cloud with SAP Cloud Application Programming Model and SAPUI5 – Part 2: Designing the Data Model
- HANA Cloud with SAP Cloud Application Programming Model and SAPUI5 – Part 3: Master Data
- HANA Cloud with SAP Cloud Application Programming Model and SAPUI5 – Part 4: Transactional Tables
- HANA Cloud with SAP Cloud Application Programming Model and SAPUI5 – Part 5: Cross Schema Access
SAP Business Application Studio – Getting Started
- SAP Multi-Cloud trial environment (Europe and US) where you can try it out.
- You can use this simple on-boarding tutorial to get started.
- Web IDE Trial update
- SAP Business Application Studio – Data Center availability.
- For information on service plan and pricing – SAP Cloud Platform Discovery Center
Web IDE to Business Application Studio migration
If you used to develop business application with SAP Web IDE and you are interested to move your applications to Business Application Studio. You will be happy to find these migration guides.
- Fiori for ABAP migration guide
- Migrating Your CAP Applications from SAP Web IDE to SAP Business Application Studio
Other Useful links:
- The Business Application Studio Community Page – is where you will find the most frequent product updates.
- The Business Application Studio Newsletter, is another excellent way to get informed about the latest and greatest – you can register for the newsletter here
- If you do not have a PPU (pay per use account) and you can purchase SAP Business Application Studio via the SAP Store
- Provdie your feedback or feature request via the SAP Business Application Studio Customer Influence Page
SAP Business Application Studio Intro Video