Pilot phase started: SAP Innovation and Optimization Pathfinder 2.0
Since its initial launch of the in May 2017, SAP Innovation and Optimization Pathfinder has helped thousands of ERP customers and partners to identify relevant innovations, optimize IT and improve business processes. In 2018 we launched the Pathfinder line of business (LOB) editions providing customers further insight into business performance and areas of optimization for specific lines of business. Since 2019 the Pathfinder is also available for customers with SAP S/4HANA systems.
Now it’s time for the next chapter: The new Pathfinder 2.0 combines Pathfinder IT and all 6 Pathfinder LOB versions (Finance, Sales, Procurement, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Asset Management) in one innovative report that will benefit both IT and Business.
Highlights of the new Pathfinder 2.0:
- One joint report for IT and Business, organized by Line of Business
- Improved business process section with 80+ KPI’s
- Recommendations for intelligent technologies
- Insights of COVID-19 impact on the industry
- Simplified request process, same SAP Notes as the SAP Business Scenario Recommendations report (enhanced Early Watch Alert report not needed anymore)
How does the Pathfinder 2.0 benefit customers and partners?
- Customer-specific insights & innovation recommendations based on your core SAP ERP or SAP S/4HANA system usage, business and IT performance – e.g. outlining the benefits of upgrading from older SAP S/4HANA releases to the latest version
- E2E business process improvement recommendations with industry benchmarks for 7 processes: Record to report, procure to pay, order to cash, complaints & returns management, inventory management, plan to produce and request to settle
- Tailored recommendations and actionable next steps to engage effectively with key stakeholders in Finance, Sales, Procurement, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Asset Management and IT
- Free-of-charge for customers on SAP maintenance
- Implement SAP Notes 2745851 and 2758146 in your productive SAP ERP or SAP S/4HANA system
- Standard SAP EarlyWatch Alert (SAP Solution Manager)
Note: Activating Business Key Figures in SAP EarlyWatch Alert (as for Pathfinder 1.0) is NOT needed anymore
- Optional: Extract SAP Fiori usage data (odata) from SAP system
Details can be found in the new how-to-guide.
How to join the pilot phase?
All SAP customers or partners can participate in the pilot phase by requesting their own, tailored SAP Pathfinder 2.0 report at: www.sap.com/Pathfinder2
Let me know if you have questions or feedback and stay tuned for more!
I'm struggling to position/understand Pathfinder verses BSR or other tools.
Can you guide me to some material on this?
I've also raised the question to the Pathfinder mailbox, but haven't yet received a response.
Thanks for the guidance/education,
sorry for the delay, we will directly reach out to you soon.
To provide a short summary to your question – the ‘best’ tool depends on your situation:
a) and you plan to move your ERP system to SAP S/4HANA soon: Business Scenario Recommendations for SAP S/4HANA
b) and you want to optimize your ERP system and learn about all available innovation and optimization options: Pathfinder for SAP ERP
This is very helpful. Thank you.
Thank you for your valuable blog and it makes a big sense.
I am investigating on the Pathfinder and how to use it for our company.
The move from SAP ERP to S4HANA and future.
The steps are:
1-Sap transformation Navigator
This is the steps that needs to be followed? or can we do the pathfinder earlier?
Also is there link between Pathfinder and BSR?
If you plan your move to SAP S/4HANA please use the following tools:
You can then use SAP Pathfinder once you are on SAP S/4HANA to further improve & enhance your SAP S/4HANA system.
Why this has to be implemented on Productive system? This is a common question posted by large customers. Appreciate quick response