SAP HANA Turns 10 – What’s Your SAP HANA Highlight?
SAP HANA turns 10 this year. As with all good birthday celebrations, we want to mark the occasion in style with content ranging from exclusive insights from (very much) next-gen influencers to thoughts on SAP’s flagship database from SAP’s CTO and executive board member Juergen Mueller.
In this new blog series, we want to put the spotlight on the developers whose work has been central to the success of SAP HANA. We’ll be hearing from those who have been there since the very beginning, as well as from more recent additions to the SAP HANA family, about their personal highlights from the past decade.
To kick things off, we’ll hear from Stefan Baeuerle, head of SAP HANA & Analytics Technology Office. As someone who joined SAP back in 1997, Stefan has been in the middle of all things SAP HANA from the very beginning. In his blog, Stefan talks about what motivated him to get involved in what was, at the time, a fledgling project and when he first realized what a difference the team was making. You can read Stefan’s blog here.
Over the next few months, we’ll be posting many more blogs, and we’d love to hear about your personal SAP HANA highlights, too! You can keep track of all the stories using the tag SAPHANAturns10 and you can add the same user tag to your own blog post.
Here’s an overview of what’s been posted so far – thanks to everyone who has written a blog!
- Stefan Baeuerle: Much More Than Just Another Database
- Irene Chen: Creative Thinking
- Stefan Haas: A Game Changer
- Stephan Kessler: Greater Than the Sum of the Parts
- Saskia Kurz: How SAP HANA Influenced My Career Path
- Brian Raver: Breaking Into New Territory
- Bjoern Friedmann: What SAP HANA Means to Me
- Tara Rogers: Why SAP HANA is “Crazy Good”
- Baré Said: Data Processing is All Around Us
- Mihnea Andrei: Working on Something That Really Makes a Difference
- Interview with Alexander Boehm: Debated. Decided. Developed.