SAP Project and Portfolio Management offers
- Portfolio management to Submit project proposals, prioritize them with the current project portfolio, and monitor and review their progress.
- Project management Manage projects, tasks, and timelines, while identifying critical paths, assigning resources, and tracking progress.
- Resource management Optimize resource utilization by finding the right resources, check availability, and avoid project bottlenecks.
This blog covers Project and Resource Management part of it, it demonstrated end to end case of Project and Resource Management using out of box configuration and functions.
Key topics covered in this Video Blog
- Create Project and Project Structure Planning (04:28)
- Document Management in SAP PPM (13:07)
- Scheduling with Gantt Chart (16:27)
- Resource Management as Project Manager and Resource Manager (Cross Project Fast Entry Screens) (19:42 & 1:00:21)
- Project Costing and Accounting Integration(29:05)
- Releasing and Confirming Tasks Projects using Employee Self Service (43:56)
- Evaluations and Severity
- Snapshots and Simulations of Project
- Business Partner in SAP, Archiving, Side Panels, Field Control etc.
Could be useful to
- Understand how Project Management can be implemented with SAP PPM
- Understand all out of box functions of SAP PPM 6.1 Project Management
End to end Project Management business case demonstrated in System. SAP PPM offers various out of box functions for core Project and Resource Management.
Please let me know your feedback in comments section. Thanks for your patience.
References and other links