My workflow for installing a new eclipse version (with AdT) – Eclipse 2020-06
So, Eclipse 2020-06 is here!
Here’s what I always do:
0. Trying to remember how I did things last time
1. Finding that blog on Lean Eclipse again
2. Find that comment, where I made that nice “all I need” block
3. Go to https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/, in “latest release”, click on the highest version (today: 4.16)
4. Navigate to Eclipse SDK(1) + download that *.zip.
5. Check SHA256-sum: in PowerShell:
Get-FileHash eclipse-SDK-4.16-win32-x86_64.zip -Algorithm SHA512 | Format-List
6. Unpack the ZIP, start eclipse.
8. When asked for workspace, give a dummy-workspace! (switch later; see https://blogs.sap.com/2019/04/15/important-changes-to-the-abap-development-tools-adt-release-cycle/comment-page-1/#comment-503730 )
7. Make the proper proxy-settings!
8. Add Adt: Install new software -> https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/latest, klick, install, wait.
9. When it’s done (I check with help – about): Switch to the real workspace. (Eclipse will restart).
10. Open your project and keep on coding!
11. Don’t forget to “Pin to taskbar” -> for the next time starting up.
(1) note: I notice that Matthew Billingham recommended to use the much smaller “Platform Runtime Binary” in his blog – so maybe I’m not as lean as can be, but #WorksForMe!)
I’ve got my Eclipse under ‘C:\Users\KaiSicker\OneDrive’ and all I had to do to update was to click
Help -> Check for Updates:
and after restart I was fine?
Oh, so I might make thinks more complicated than needed....
Thanks for the hint, I'll try that way next time!
That "Check for Updates" Option didn't work for me, but this time I went with the "Platform Runtime Binary" instead of the SDK.
Thanks Jörgen Lindqvist for your blog
https://blogs.sap.com/2021/03/19/lightweight-eclipse-installation-or-yet-anther-blog-post-about-installing-eclipse/ which I followed.
It was a good guidance, and worked very finde! (only had to check back here for the "Get-FileHash [file] -Algorithm SHA512 | Format-List"-Part. )
So: I'm now on Eclipse 2021-03 (4.19), AdT 3.16.3 (com.sap.adt.core)
Nice to have this guide to walk me through!
I am now on Eclipse 2021-09 (4.21) and AdT 3.20.2