My workflow for installing a new eclipse version (with AdT) – Eclipse 2020-06
So, Eclipse 2020-06 is here!
Here’s what I always do:
0. Trying to remember how I did things last time
1. Finding that blog on Lean Eclipse again
2. Find that comment, where I made that nice “all I need” block
3. Go to https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/, in “latest release”, click on the highest version (today: 4.16)
4. Navigate to Eclipse SDK(1) + download that *.zip.
5. Check SHA256-sum: in PowerShell:
Get-FileHash eclipse-SDK-4.16-win32-x86_64.zip -Algorithm SHA512 | Format-List
6. Unpack the ZIP, start eclipse.
8. When asked for workspace, give a dummy-workspace! (switch later; see https://blogs.sap.com/2019/04/15/important-changes-to-the-abap-development-tools-adt-release-cycle/comment-page-1/#comment-503730 )
7. Make the proper proxy-settings!
8. Add Adt: Install new software -> https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/latest, klick, install, wait.
9. When it’s done (I check with help – about): Switch to the real workspace. (Eclipse will restart).
10. Open your project and keep on coding!
11. Don’t forget to “Pin to taskbar” -> for the next time starting up.
(1) note: I notice that Matthew Billingham recommended to use the much smaller “Platform Runtime Binary” in his blog – so maybe I’m not as lean as can be, but #WorksForMe!)