It’s no small thing that our old and reliable friend remains relevant in S/4HANA.
Legacy System Migration Workbench is standard. It’s essential for SAP Retail. It remains useful for functional SAP Master Data tasks in general. And you’re only three short videos away from being an expert.
For confirmation of necessity, check SAP Note 2538170 – Migration of Retail Objects to SAP S/4HANA on-premise
There is no standard replacement in some scenarios, and LSMW is standard.
I’ve personally used LSMW on every S/4HANA implementation project!
While LSMW is certainly no longer the primary or preferred tool for SAP Data Migration, this doesn’t detract from:
- its necessity in some scenarios (e.g. Retail Article Master).
- its simplicity (possibility for execution by screen recording).
- its accessibility by functional resources.
For the above reasons, S/4HANA architects and master data practitioners alike should reacquaint themselves with the context and concepts. Functional resources should once again dive into the details of LSMW, especially for necessary and simple use cases.
LSMW isn’t the hot new thing; it’s the favorite old thing that remains purposeful.
Context and Concepts
- How does LSMW fit in S/4HANA Data Migration?
LSMW Screen Recording
- LSMW screen recording is simple, relevant in SAP S/4HANA, and easily accessible by functional resources.
LSMW Master Class
- In about 40 minutes, you’re going to be an LSMW expert!
- End-to-end example for functional resources.
- Concepts explained in detail, plus Tips and Tricks!