I’m sure you’ve heard by now that we hit a key milestone last Friday with the release of SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 05. As we celebrate 10 years of SAP HANA in 2020, this is an important deliverable in demonstrating our ongoing commitment to customers – SAP HANA remains the data management foundation of the Business Technology Platform enabling the Intelligent Enterprise.
I think you’ll find that there is no shortage of quality technical information on this release, ranging from maintenance timeline impacts to innovation highlights and new features. You can also go deeper into these topics with our experts in a “What’s New” webcast series available both as live events and with on-demand recordings after the event.
As I speak with both colleagues at SAP and our valued customers, a frequent topic of discussion is “what’s in it for me?” at a business level. Put simply, while being on a supported release and having the coolest developer tools are interesting, none of it really matters unless either the costs of operating the systems go down or the business user sees the benefits directly in their work. So, that’s what we’ll set out to describe in this series of posts over the next eight weeks – a focus on reduced TCO and improved business outcomes. My team and I will be posting on a variety of topics related either to SAP HANA 2.0 in general or SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 05 in specific per the following schedule (subject to change):
- 07-July – SAP HANA Native Storage Extension Breaks Down Cost/Performance Barriers by Venkata Giduthuri
- 14-July – Hybrid Scenarios to Extend SAP HANA with SAP HANA Cloud by Brian Raver
- 21-July – Cloud Backup Integration to Simplify DB Management by Tara Rogers
- 28-July – Esri ArcGIS on SAP HANA to Break Down Silos by Josh Ledbetter
- 04-August – Data Anonymization: A Hidden Talent by Kristin Ulrich
- 11-August – External Key Servers to Manage Encryption by Colin Leister
- 18-August – Data Analysis with a Spatial Dimension by Josh Ledbetter
- 25-August – Developer Tools: What’s in it for the Business User? by Tara Rogers
We’re excited about SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 05 adoption over the coming year. The future with SAP HANA is bright and I’m eager to see the exciting and innovative solutions we can deliver together. Please continue to watch as these posts go live over the next two months.