While creating a Requisition from the Position Org Chart, it’s now possible to map fields of type Foundation Object and Generic Object on the Position Object to the fields in Requisition. Fields such as business unit, legal entity, department, division, cost center, location and position can now be replicated from Position Management as same field type to Job Requisition. The following steps and process on how to create those fields from position to requisition are noted down below.
1. Initially the user who creates the job requisition needs permission to create job requisition from position. Any admin user, who has permission to create roles and groups needs to do the following steps:
– Permission needs to be added – Manage Permission Roles -> Search for “Recruiting Coordinator (myEC)” – > Click on “Permission” tab -> Manage Foundation Object Types -> Enable view “Location”
– Move to Employee Central API -> Enable “Employee Central Foundation OData API (read-only)”
Then move to requisition creation from position org chart.
– Save the changes
2. Selecting the position from the position org chart:
3. View the position detail to verify the division, department and locations:
4. Creating requisition:
5. Job Requisition created:
6. Open the requisition and check division, department and location:
As per the configuration, these are the three fields mapping with EC in requisition.
– Division is mapped to custom division field, so it’s not taking the foundation object value from EC.
– Department is not having permission. So one is able to view department in requisition
– Location is coming accordingly, as per the object defined in EC.
Finally, this process helps client to seamlessly integrate the foundation objects and generic objects fields from Position to Requisition.