SAP Sales Cloud integration with Salesforce (SFDC) without Advancto adapter
Advantco Salesforce (SFDC) adapter for SAP Cloud Platform Integration enables Salesforce integration with SAP and non-SAP system through SAP Cloud Platform Integration. This requires additional license for Advantco adapter.
In many cases, Customers would not opt for additional cost and instead would like to maximize their existing SAP Sales Cloud investments for setting up the integration with SFDC. This blog post will help the integration consultants in integrating SAP Sales Cloud with SFDC without using the Advantco adapter.
Key points to be noted:
- Custom package needs to be developed for integrating SAP Sales Cloud with SFDC in SAP Cloud Platform Integration
- SAP Sales cloud supports REST as well as SOAP based service, however SFDC supports REST services only.
- As SFDC supports REST services, it is recommended to use OAuth authentication
In this blog post, we will show how a Prospect created in SAP Sales Cloud can be replicated to SFDC via the custom interfaces developed in SAP Cloud Platform Integration.
- Against Individual customer, tickets are getting created in SAP Sales Cloud.
- In Tickets overview page, custom action is created to trigger the replication of One-time customer to SFDC.
- For this CPI has created the custom IFlow and shared the end point to SAP Sales Cloud
- In turn SAP Sales cloud consumed the end point and created respective communication arrangement and on the click of custom action share the required information for One-time customer create in SFDC
Step 1: Custom IFlow
- SAP Sales cloud shared the WSDL structure to CPI
- CPI is configured with SOAP adapter and shared the end point with SAP Sales cloud
- Based on the WSDL structure from SAP Sales cloud and schema structure in which SFDC expects data we introduced the mapping of fields.
Sample incoming payload
<n0:DSM_BPCreateCreateRequest_sync xmlns:n0=”http://sap.com/xi/SAPGlobal20/Global” xmlns:soap-env=”http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/” xmlns:prx=”urn:sap.com:proxy:LY8:/1SAI/TASCBC2450914F26C9449E4:804″>
- Since SFDC works with JSON payload we convert XML to JSON format
- With JSON payload we call the end points of SFDC to maintain One-time customer in SFDC
- Since we are having REST based service authentication methodology is “OAuth2 Client Credential”
- For this in security material in CPI we maintained OAUth2 credential
- We receive the response from SFDC and update same to SAP Sales Cloud
Sample SFDC Response
- As we are not using standard interface ID mapping for SFDC ID and SAP Sales cloud ID of One-time customer would not be handled by system.
- Hence to maintain ID mapping we consume standard SOAP service provided by SAP Sales cloud
Maintenance Parameter for ID Mapping
- System UUID – Is provided by SAP Sales cloud
Note: Identifier information from SAP Sales Cloud is as follow
This blog post will help the integration consultants to set up the integration between SFDC & SAP Sales Cloud using custom interfaces via SAP Cloud Platform Integration.