What Goes Up When Rain Comes Down? Aerospace’s Path to Reemergence
We’ve all witnessed, and perhaps had to navigate through, the myriad of cancelled flights, travel restrictions, manufacturing shutdowns, and fragmented supply chains. The aviation industry was inevitably one of the hardest hit industries by the global pandemic. At it’s peak, air travel was down close to 96% because of the global travel bans.
Although COVID-19 has had historic impact around the world, the aerospace industry is no stranger to dramatic shifts. Aviation industries experienced a similar decline in travel and production in the US market when the 9/11 attacks occurred in 2001. Despite unpredictable occurrences like these, Aerospace continues to show its resilience and its ability to persevere in the face of change.
So what goes up when rain comes down and tough times occur? The aviation industry (and maybe an umbrella, too). Many industry leaders have quickly pivoted during these trying times and used intelligent technologies to support their employees’ needs, protect their cash, and keep the supply chain performing, all while ensuring customers are satisfied. Aerospace manufacturers have been one of the many guiding lights during this crisis and some of them will be sharing their stories during this year’s ASUG Forward Virtual Experience.
ASUG Forward will take place Monday, June 22 through Thursday, June 25. Each day of the experience will offer timely thought leadership mixed with practical lessons for today’s volatile business environment. If you are like most of us and need to plan your experience around your busy schedule, we’ve gathered the top sessions for aerospace and defense leaders below:
- Supply Chain & Manufacturing:
- Prepare, React, Recover: Make Your Supply Chain Resilient to Times of Disruption (10:55AM CT on Monday, June 22)
- How Martin-Baker Aircraft Resolves Inventory Challenges (12:45PM CT on Monday, June 22)
- Ask the Experts Panel: How Organizations Are Optimizing Supply Chains in Response to COVID-19 (1:05PM CT on Monday, Monday, June 22)
- IT Operations
- Supporting Your Remote Workforce: Enabling User Productivity Through Analytics (3:45PM CT on Tuesday, June 23)
- Ask-the-Experts Panel (3:55PM CT on Tuesday, June 23)
- Finance & Procurement:
- United Technologies Split: Ensuring Smooth Treasury Operations and Data Privacy (11:20AM CT on Wednesday, June 24)
- Plugging Leaks in SAP AP: How JetBlue Prevents Fraud, Duplicate Payments, and Fines (12:00PM CT on Wednesday, June 24)
- Using Real-Time Analytics Capabilities, SAP Unleashes the Extraordinary Power of Finance Suite for Airbus Providing Total Transparency (12:20PM CT on Wednesday, June 24)
- Goodyear’s Procurement IT Road Map with SAP S/4HANA and SAP Ariba Solutions (10:55AM CT on Thursday, June 25)
- Employee Experience & Human Resources:
- How Ingalls Shipbuilding Used SAP SuccessFactors in Its COVID-19 Response (11:30AM CT on Wednesday, June 24)
- Ask-the-Experts Panel: SAP SuccessFactors (12:55PM CT on Wednesday, June 24)
- Sales and E-commerce:
- CIO Panel: Changing Business Models and the New Focus on E-Commerce (11:40AM CT on Monday, June 22)
- Moving Relationships to Conversations (11:35AM CT on Tuesday June 23)
And if this inspiring line up of industry leaders isn’t already enough reason to tune in, there will be surprise musical guests throughout the week. Who doesn’t love a good at-home concert to break up the daily quarantine routine? Register now and take a few minutes to plan your agenda before the experience kicks off!