Digital Process Automation with SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management – the next chapter of BPM
Challenging times. Times where process automation becomes more important than ever before. We have seen how vulnerable manual processes can be. On a larger scale but also in smaller parts of processes, e.g. invoice approvals, accruals processing, HR employee self-services, purchase requisition approvals or capital expenditure approvals.
It’s time to move from manual, paper-based processes to digital, intelligent and automated processes. And at the same time evolving from a developer experience to a business process expert experience.
Already last year, we have started this story in the Cloud together with you with SAP Intelligent Business Process Management, as the family of services to automate business processes, manage decision logic and gain end-to-end process visibility.
Now it is the time to write the next chapter.
We want you to amplify your digital process automation journeys with an improved and simple experience and also be able to focus on flexible adoption and extension of business processes based on changing business needs.
Therefore, we are releasing SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management, as part of Digital Process Automation in SAP Cloud Platform Extension Suite.
SAP provides a comprehensive workflow platform that is heavily configuration (no-code)-based but also with textual code support.
Drag and drop is supported for process, integration and UX, including agent conversations and integration with RPA bots. With the release of SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management we are combining workflow, business rules and process visibility in one service, with one user metric and service plan. We are also adding new features for business process experts to achieve process flexibility and also “live process content packages” as templates to accelerate your digital workflow automation projects.
There are several use cases where digital process automation with SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management will provide immediate value. You might want to group them like this:
- Digital workflows and bots
- Process-driven application development
- Process excellence and optimization
- Facilitate process transformation journeys
Immediate outcomes are:
- Do more with less – empower employees through process automation, freeing up their time to do more meaningful work
- Ensure compliance – comply with policies and regulations via clear responsibilities and audit trails
- Flexibly adapt to new requirements – tailor business processes to the business needs and support new business model innovations
Business process experts are now able to manage changing business needs directly on live, running processes. Customers can use dedicated business expert tooling to discover, configure, and run workflows, like capital expenditure approvals, business partner creation or procurement data collection. To speed up and simplify these changes without involvement of the IT department, customers will be able to leverage pre-defined live process content packages via SAP API Business Hub to manage workflows on top of SAP ERP Central Component (ECC), SAP Utilities and SAP S/4HANA (Procurement). This enhanced real-time process flexibility increases the level of automation, empowers business users and ensures compliance with business policies and regulations via clear responsibilities and audit trails.
Live process content packages contain workflow templates, pre-defined metrics and dashboards for process performance and business rules to manage automated decisions. Configuration of process variants can now be easily handled, managed and monitored as part of digital process automation within any organization.
While leveraging digital process automation with SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management you will achieve:
- Faster time to value, with lower TCI (Total cost of implementation) and increased real-time flexibility on “live” business processes
- Increased level and quality of digital process automation with integrated workflows, business rules and bots.
- Improved business process experiences help users to make smarter decisions, pro-actively identify bottlenecks and recommend actions
Get more information here:
- Webinar Recording: Digital Process Automation with SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management
- SAPPHIRE NOW Technology & Innovation News Guide 2020
- Community Topic Page: Digital Process Automation
- Product page: sap.com/extension-suite
- SAP Cloud Platform Discovery Center: Digital Process Automation and Workflow Management
- Access the live process content packages on SAP API Business Hub
- Learn how to make use of these content packages within SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management: Live Process Content Packages – your accelerators for Digital Process Automation
- Watch the replay of our Digital Process Automation Webinar series
Please join us in this evolution from SAP Intelligent BPM to Digital Process Automation with SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management – the next chapter of BPM.
What does this mean for you?
If you already have a SAP Cloud Platform Workflow license
You are entitled to additional capabilities like process visibility, a low-code platform to configure your processes, and live process content with the same license. Hence you can now digitize workflows, manage decisions, gain end-to-end process visibility, and configure processes in a low-code approach.
To make use of these additional capabilities you need to subscribe to Workflow Management which is only offered in the Cloud Foundry environment.
NEO based workflow customers have access to limited capabilities and can only use workflow and business rules. To take advantage of the additional capabilities of Workflow Management it is highly recommended to move from Neo to the Cloud Foundry environment and subscribe to Workflow Management.
If you already have a CPEA license for SAP Cloud Platform Business Rules
The standalone CPEA license for SAP Cloud Platform Business Rules will be retired. You may continue to use it until your contract expires or is terminated. However, we encourage you to explore and subscribe to Workflow Management as it includes substantial more capabilities centered around digital process automation including an additional business rules specific feature – Manage Decisions to view and modify business decisions, and observe the performance of the decisions as a part of a business process.
If you are already have a CPEA license for SAP Cloud Platform Process Visibility
The standalone CPEA license for SAP Cloud Platform Process Visibility will be retired. You may continue to use it until your contract expires or is terminated. However, we encourage you to explore and subscribe to Workflow Management which not only includes process visibility, but also substantial more capabilities centered around digital process automation.