Reason for Rejection and Overall Status
Let’s assume the following scenario for a sales order:
- You create a sales order with 2 items:
- Item 1 has CB1 as the Item Category.
- Item 2 has CBXN as the Item Category.
- Both items will be rejected using “Damaged by Customer” as the reason for rejection.
The question is: What is the expected Overall Status for this sales order?
The answer is: Overall Status = In Process.
So, the purpose is to check what is considered to define the status ‘In Process’ for this scenario above:
- Item category CB1 has Billing Relevance set to ‘B’ (Relevant for order-related billing).
- Item category CBXN has Billing Relevance set to ‘A’ (Delivery-related billing document).
- Reason for Rejection ‘Damaged by Customer’ is set as you can see below. You can click at “Configuration Help” to have more details of each setting (configuration step 102494).
As we can see, no box is checked for the rejection reason. ‘No Billing’ specify whether the reason is relevant for billing. If it’s not relevant, the box need to be selected.
In this scenario, the item category CB1 that is relevant for billing and the ‘No billing’ box for the reason for rejection is not checked, it means that the overall status for this item will be ‘Open’. Althoug ‘No billing’ is not checked, system is considering the billing relevance set for the item category.
The item category CBXN, that is not relevant for billing and the ‘No billing’ box for the reason for rejection is not checked, it means that the overall status for this item will be ‘Completed’. . Althoug ‘No billing’ is not checked, system is considering the billing relevance set for the item category.
Let’s say that all items have been rejected in the sales order and the expectation is to have the sales order overall status as ‘Completed’.
Using the same scenario above as a reference, it is necessary to change a configuration on the reason for rejection:
In short, the impact on the status for the reason for rejection depends upon which Rejection Reason is selected and the ‘Billing Relevance’ of the line item.