What’s New in MRP?
Hello SAP Community
I recently took part in the SAP On-Line Track, which was a free and world wide event that allowed us to keep sharing knowledge about SAP in the middle of this pandemic.
As usual, I decided to talk about MRP, which is my favorite topic. Since S/4HANA was launched, there were many new features for MRP:
- In release 1511 we had simplifications in MRP planning scenarios, the new MRP Live and the new MRP Cockpit Fiori Apps.
- Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) was brought into the SAP core in release 1610 and MRP Live started to plan advanced planning materials with PP/DS heuristics.
- The new Demand-Driven MRP was launched in release 1709, supporting the five steps proposed by the DDMRP Institute.
- Release 1809 brought a better support for MRP Areas in the Stock/Requirements List and the Demand Driven MRP apps were further improved.
- The new Predictive MRP (pMRP) was introduced in release 1909, besides additional improvements in the DDMRP apps. Situation Handling also includes the support for MRP exception messages.
Since there are too many good topics, I could not choose a specific one to present. Therefore, instead of a technical deep dive into one of these topics, I decided to provide a high level overview of all the simplifications and new features for S/4HANA, release by release.
Below you can find the link for the session recording and I hope you enjoy it!