In this blog, we will see about how to create the custom calculated measures in SAP Analytics Cloud.
In SAC, we can create custom calculated measures in two places. In
If we create calculated measure in a model, then it will be available where ever the model is used. We can create calculated measure in model by below steps:
- Open the model in which you want to add the calculated measure.
- Click on the Account. When you click on it, you will be able to see the list of existing measures.
- Click on the + symbol in the Edit section
- A new field will be added as shown in the below screenshot
- Member settings and member Details dialogue box on the right side has to be configured.
- In the above dialogue box, we can enter the custom formula in the formula box and we can use predefined SAC functions in advanced formula tool . Also we can assign the aggregation type , exception aggregation in the above dialogue box.
- Create a story.
- Select the required model for the story.
- Add a table or a chart to the canvas.
- To create a custom calculation, click on under measures in builder pane and click on Create Calculation.
- we can enter the custom formula in the formula box and we can use predefined SAC functions in advanced formula tool . Also we can assign the aggregation type , exception aggregation in the above dialogue box.
In the above we saw how to create the calculated measure in model and in the story. We can also create calculated measures using cross calculations(Which we will see in further blogs).