Scheduling Publications – Number of publications
As of 2020 Q2 QRC , there has been quite a few queries around how many publications you could send with scheduling publications , Hence i thought of publishing this article to clarify on the same .
Before we get started on the numbers , i would like to define again what is a publication .
A Publication is an end output of the Scheduling publications Story/ Analytics application which can be sent to the recipients. Eg. It could be a PDF copy which can be sent over to a number of recipients. A schedule can consists of multiple views which would generate multiple publications .
In the 2020 Q2 QRC, Each view is generating one independent publications as there is one copy generated output of a view
E.g : A schedule consists of 5 Views (using Bookmarks) which would generate 5 publications.
- To be eligible for scheduling publications , Customers need to have a minimum of total 25 SAC licenses (Sum of SAC BI, SAC Planning – Standard and Professional and SAC BI Concurrent licenses.
- Under the current licensing what you already have for SAP Analytics Cloud with the included price, You would get a limited number of publications per hour for the entire day.
- Number is determined as here : 5% of total number of SAC licenses you own in your Tenant.
- Every Publications can be sent to every other SAC users registered in the SAC Tenant and to Three Non-SAC users who are not a part of SAC Tenant
E.g Customer with 100 licenses, customer can generate 5 publications per hour.
It also means for a customer with 100 licenses , they can generate 120 publications in total for the entire day and distribute the same to each and every SAC users they have registered in their tenant and as well each publication can be sent to 3 unique Non SAC users. Customer can use this every day of the hour with-in the limit .
Any publications exceeding the limit would not run successful and no queuing mechanism is followed.
To further clarify on calculation how the rounding happens, If 5% of total number of licenses in decimals falls less than 0.5, previous integer number gets rounded and if its 0.5 and above , the next higher integer is rounded.
Customer has 109 licenses , 5% of this would be 5.45 ~ 5 Publications Per hour
Customer has 111 licenses , 5% of this would be 5.55 ~ 6 Publications Per hour
Please refer the below table for references on what you would if you:
When a schedule is created for a specific time slot and if that time slot hour already have other scheduled publications created by same or different users and the slot cannot accommodate more than what is your limit for number of publications for your Tenant, Schedule owner is shown a warning while creating the schedule and if run, the schedule may fail for that slot created however you can still force to create the schedule and later ensure to delete other schedules allotted for that slot so that you can accommodate within your limits for your schedule to be run at that point in time.
Where you can find out your total number of SAC licenses:
Navigate to SAC Application menu-> System->Monitor (You need the right privileges for this to view)
Note: Digital Boardroom and SAP Analytics Hub user licenses is not counted for calculation.
- Customers can distribute the entire load of publications for the day across the entire 24 hours time slots to maximise the publications available and make best use of existing of licenses.
- Every user registered with Concurrent users license is eligible to be a recipient for the publications which offers advantages over named user licenses
- More number of SAC licenses customers has , the more publications they can make use of the same.
- Customers interested to increase their number of publications per hour based on their need can simply purchase more SAC licenses.
For Partners exclusively for the PartnerTest Tenant types, Please read this blog here
Please do write back to me on my mail id Karthik.Kanniyappan@sap.com in case you would further like to discuss around this.