SAP Analytics Cloud – Custom Widgets: Integration Certification
SAP Integration and Certification Center(SAP ICC) now offers integration certification for custom widgets built for SAP Analytics Cloud. This blog is the online version of the certification test requirements that SAP partners can review for what is required to be certified.
- Partners and ISVs need access to SAP Analytics Cloud, analytics designer software and SDK to develop and test the custom widget. The necessary software may be obtained separately from SAP. In some cases, it may be part of the benefits of a specific SAP partner program, or to be included as part of a hosted SAP development environment – partners should check with their partner manager for details.
- The third-party custom widget for SAP Analytics Cloud, analytics designer must run on SAP Analytics Cloud, analytics designer version 2019.20 or higher.
Certification & Testing:
Partners and ISVs who have successfully built their custom widgets and have tested the seamless working within SAP Analytics Cloud, can apply for certifying the widget. They will be evaluated as follows for a successful certification.
- Install and Configure Custom Widget on SAP Analytics Cloud, Analytics Designer
The third-party custom widget for SAP Analytics Cloud, analytics designer must start and function without any errors in the SAP Analytics Cloud, analytics designer after deployment. The configuration of the third-party custom widget must be carried out based on the configuration document provided by the vendor.The vendor is expected to demonstrate that the custom widget can be installed, configured and uninstalled by following the provided configuration document.
- Security and Authentication
As part of the certification, it is a minimal requirement to implement basic authentication with username/password to ensure a certain level of security. This is only relevant for some custom widgets that connect directly to other servers.
- Custom Widget for SAP Analytics Cloud, Analytics Designer Guideline
- The custom widget must be developed according to the SAP Analytics Cloud Custom Widget Developer Guide.
- The custom widget must only use SAP documented SDK APIs and features.
- The custom widget must not modify HTML outside of its root “DIV”.
- The custom widget must not harm other parts of SAP Analytics Cloud, analytics designer or any SAP Analytics Cloud, analytics designer analytic application.
- SAP recommends the following naming convention for the custom widget ID in the custom widget JSON:
- SAP recommends the following naming convention for the custom element (“custom HTML tag”) of the custom widget in the custom widget JSON:
- Functional Validation
Vendor shall define the functional test case scenarios before the actual certification test to be scheduled. The test cases must be comprehensive and cover all the main features of the custom widget for SAP Analytics Cloud, analytics designer. Data consistency and correctness will be verified.
- Technical validation of the working integration of the custom widget in SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Marketing benefits like certificate, logo and a certified banner in SAP App Centre listing.
- Publishing in SAP Certified Solutions Directory
Get Started with Certification: You can write to email@example.com for getting started with the certification process or to just have a chat about how the process, effort, costs and timelines would look like.
Online resources to get started: