What’s new with Content Innovation 16
In this blog post, we will cover more details on newly added and enhanced packages with Content Innovation 16 – Q2 2020 (released May 16, 2020)
Here is an overview of the updates including screenshots. More screenshots and details can be found on the SAP Analytics Cloud Website, in the Roll-out Slide Deck (Content Inventory excel included) or in the documentation. Also, find the latest information on YouTube.
- Financial Planning & Analysis for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (SAP Best Practices)
- Integrated Financial Planning for SAP S/4HANA
- Procurement for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (SAP Best Practices)
- Sales Analytics Content for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (SAP Best Practices)
- Sales Planning for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (SAP Best Practices)
- SAP Marketing
- SAP Product Carbon Footprint Analytics
- SAP Qualtrics Touchpoint NPS
- SAP Supply Base Optimization
- Treasury Management for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (SAP Best Practices)
- Workforce Planning for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (SAP Best Practices)
Overview: The content package consists of stories in the Real Estate Management dashboard :
- Location Management
- Contract & Lease Management
Real estate managers get a Portfolio Overview globally, regional or on site level. Indicators like size, age, occupancy and ownership are visible high level and allow further deep dive for details. Various story filters support quick access to most relevant key figures.
Area Details support analyses about space usage in sqm. Categories like workspaces are in focus for corporate real estate managers and main drivers for measurement of building efficiency.
Occupancy Details contribute to an efficient workplace management. The number of target capacity compared to occupied and available workplaces – separated by workplace types like dedicated, shared or hot desk, allow this insight to action.
Workspace Utilization Details provide transparency and insights on actual office workspace utilization. Based on sensor measurements, corporate real estate managers can analyse the usage of workplaces and spaces.
Contract & Lease Management
A Rent Overview provides transparency about base & gross rent as well as top leases, also available in a Country View.
Most Critical Dates can be observed by time filter, rules and status.
Contract Valuation analyses by relevance, cash flow types, contract partners per country are shown beside a detailed table view.
Best Practices for Financial Planning & Analysis for SAP S/4HANA Cloud using SAP Analytics Cloud
Real-time integration between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP Analytics Cloud:
SAP Real-time Financial Analytics for SAP S/4HANA Cloud enables analysts or planners to dive into SAP S/4HANA Cloud using a real-time connector. Accelerators include a prebuilt set of LIVE analytical dashboards, key performance indicators, and P&L/Balance Sheet reports (Best Practice Analytics scope item 1U8).
Financial Statement, Cost Center, and Profit Center Planning:
SAP Financial Planning for SAP S/4HANA Cloud enables planners to complete a Cost Center, Profit Center, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow plan in SAP Analytics Cloud based on financial information sources for SAP S/4HANA Cloud. Accelerators include: planning input templates, planning calculations, and a planning process flow (Best Practice Analytics scope item 2EB).
Trend Analysis, Variance Analysis, and Year-over-Year Analysis:
SAP Financial Analysis for SAP S/4HANA Cloud enables analysts or planners to analyze trends, variances, and growth rates for both Actuals and Plan in SAP Analytics Cloud. Accelerators mirror the content in Real-time Financial Planning for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (Best Practice Analytics scope item 2EB & 2IJ).
Integration between SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP S/4HANA Cloud:
SAP delivers best practice methodologies to integrate financial results from SAP S/4HANA Cloud into SAP Analytics Cloud, plus retract Plan data back into SAP S/4HANA Cloud. Best Practice methodology establishes SAP S/4HANA Cloud as the primary source of master data and financial structures.
Cost Center Expense Budgeting:
This content facilitates the cost center budgeting process including capturing expenses and applying functions that support budget simulation using historical or driver factors. This process is integrated with availability control functionality and budget consistency checks in SAP S/4HANA.
Cost Center Activity Planning:
This content facilitates the complete cost center planning process including allocations, activity quantity planning and activity price calculation. It also supports the planning administrator with powerful functions to prepopulate the planning screens based on past actual data.
This content facilitates the sales and revenue planning process including sales price and sales quantity planning, revenue and deduction calculation. It also supports the planner with simulation capabilities based on past actual data.
This content facilitates sales and revenue planning process as described before and combines the outcome of cost and activity planning, product cost simulation, and revenue planning by deriving the product profitability.
Product Cost Simulation:
This content facilitates the simulation of product related costs based on S/4 actual and cost estimate data considering quantity structure, raw material price, lot size and overhead costs for product cost rates.
Project Planning and Budgeting:
This content enables the planner to capture project expense budgets and plans in the cloud based on Work breakdown structures (WBS elements). This process is integrated with availability control functionality and budget consistency checks in SAP S/4HANA.
Internal Order Planning:
Using this content for internal order planning you can enter costs and business processes that you expect to incur during the life cycle of an order. Using internal order planning, you can plan and compare your costs on G/L account basis.
Financial Statement Planning:
This content provides profit and loss planning with revenues, costs, and expenses including the allocation to trading partners and balance sheet planning with assets, liabilities, and owner’s equity both with the possibility to drill down on profit center and functional area. It also allows planning administrators to pre-populate planning screens based on past actual data.
Product cost simulation and profitability planning are now part of the financial planning process in SAP Analytics Cloud and complete the integrated planning process between planning the included scenarios (e.g. by transfer of Sales quantities into Product Cost Simulation and for Cost Center Activity Price Calculation).
Revenue Planning, Cost Center Planning and Budgeting, Profitability Planning and Product Cost Simulation are based on the S/4HANA data model in FI-CO and fully integrated with it. Master data and transaction data from S/4HANA can be loaded and planning results can be written back into S/4HANA. The complete integration is part of the content delivery and is available out of the box.
This scope item provides pre-built analytical dashboards and digital boardroom content that help the executive management and senior management in understanding the key drivers in the underlying business processes related to Procurement.
- Increase efficiency with highly integrated solution to eliminate data silos and make digital access simple, secure, and scalable and reduce errors in reconciliations in the procurement area.
- Pre-built set of analytical dashboards and reports help you analyze purchase spend, off contract spend and Service Purchase Order for robust analytics on S/4HANA Cloud data.
- Enhanced executive Digital Boardroom experience options for your customers
- Real-time comparison of Purchase Order/Service Order Amount by Calendar Month, Supplier & Material Group, Purchasing Group and Time series chart using the predictive functionalities with SAP Analytics cloud.
- Procurement pre-built SAP Analytics Cloud content and dashboards which allow for robust analytics on S/4HANA cloud data with drill down functionality for procurement and status tracking analysis.
- Lists top 5 Purchase Order/Service Purchase Order amount by Plant Cost Center, Supplier, Material Group, Service Purchase Order net amount by status over time.
- Real time Service Spend analytics with SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Analyzing in real-time the consumption of central purchase contracts residing in SAP S/4HANA for central procurement
This scope item provides pre-built analytical dashboards that help the executive and senior management to monitor key drivers and trends in the sales process.
- Sales Analytics Cloud (SAC) provides a comprehensive tool for strategic live-data analysis in sales. A highly integrated solution that increases efficiency, eliminates data silos and make digital access simple, secure, and scalable
- See open sales at a glance and identify where you can take action in order to increase your sales volume. Gain a real-time overview of sales volume by calendar month/quarter and sales org, top customers, open orders by sales org, customer, customer group, product and product group.
- Check your pricing strategies and control the costs. Compare sales volume and profit margin over time and by sales org. Top customers by Sales Volume, Profit Margin, and Net Sales Cost.
- Identify top customers and trends by incoming sales and incoming service. Compare incoming orders and open orders and drilldown into sales org, sales office, sold-to party, and customer group.
- Identify trends in recent Customer Returns showing number and value of returned items. Get insights in product and return reasons.
- Analytics around sales quotations to provide insights into open quotations, expiring quotations, quotation conversions rates, rejected quotations and reasons for rejection.
- Analytics around sales contract to provide insights into Incoming contracts, Contracts’ open values, Contracts’ Fulfillment Rate
Best Practices for Sales Planning for SAP S/4HANA Cloud using SAP Analytics Cloud
Sales Planning made easy for sales managers in the field:
SAP Sales Planning for SAP S/4HAN Cloud enables Planners to dive into customer and product sales analysis as a preparatory step to the sales planning process. After reviewing Actual results, sales planners leverage a pre-populated set of sales drivers, where the planner can modify assumptions and complete the sales plan.
Plan Price, Cogs (multi-currency) and Quantity (multi-unit of measure):
SAP Sales Planning for SAP S/4HANA Cloud allows planners and analysts to understand the product and customer mix at aggregate levels, simplifying internal and external communications around results. The solution enables planners to plan in local currency and review results in a global currency. Planners can plan quantity in a base unit of measure and review results in a standard unit of measure. Relevant KPI’s are displayed in a base and standard unit of measure, in either local or global currency.
Trend Analysis, Variance Analysis, and Year-over-Year Analysis:
SAP Sales Planning for SAP S/4HANA Cloud enables analysts or planners to analyze trends, variances, and growth rates for both Actuals and Plan in SAP Analytics Cloud. Accelerators mirror the content in Financial Planning for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (Best Practice Analytics scope item 2EB & 2IJ) and Workforce Planning for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (Best Practice Analytics scope item 3DJ), providing a common user experience.
Integration between SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP S/4HANA Cloud:
SAP delivers best practice methodologies to integrate sales results from SAP S/4HANA Cloud into SAP Analytics Cloud. Best Practice methodology establishes SAP S/4HANA Cloud as the primary source of master data and sales data. The solution can support extracting data from multiple sources.
Content is delivered covering several different information areas:
Overview of the campaign success, for example Email, Facebook, paid social campaigns including the ability to drill down on various dimensions.
Contacts and Profiles
Overview of new and existing contacts, the channels used by the contacts, the distribution of interests across channels or communication media
Lead and Accounts
KPIs for leads and accounts, opportunities, lead stages, interests, products and lead nurture stream.
Marketing Planning and Performance
Overview of marketing planning spend and the resulting conversions.
Overview of offers that are planned during the next 3 months and detailed analysis and comparison of the success of offers that were valid during the last 3 months.
Marketing Data Analysis
Summary of mobile push notifications for last 6 months and overview of the experience dimension which is measurable using Qualtrics NPS.
SAP Product Carbon Footprint Analytics enables businesses to assess their CO2e* footprint across the value chain, starting from used raw materials over energy consumption and process-related direct emissions all the way to transportation and distribution.
CO2e Monitoring Dashboard:
This dashboard allows a sustainability accountant to get an overview of the CO2e emissions across the enterprise. It allows to drill into and compare different production sites, profit centers and individual products with regards to their CO2 emissions in each step of the value chain.
CO2e Data Maintenance Dashboard:
This dashboard allows a production sustainability expert to collect the CO2e emissions for base materials and activities from the different steps of the production and distribution process. This data is used in combination with the quantity structure information obtained from S/4HANA to calculate the enterprise-wide emissions information using in CO2e Monitoring dashboard.
Quantity structures and sales quantities used in the data model underlying both stories are based on the S/4HANA data model. Master data and transactional data can be loaded both from S/4HANA Cloud and On Premise. The complete integration is part of the content delivery and is available out of the box.
Get total overview of your Sales and Service operational KPIs like revenue won, tickets created and more along with experience metrics Customer Satisfaction Score and NPS. All KPIs can be analyzed for a selection of customers. Smart features like forecasting, grouping and insights will further augment your analysis.
Get into the details of NPS per Touchpoint channel with predictive trends. The sentiments, topics, parent topics associated with responses can be analyzed here and one to drill into the level of individual responses. All this can be grouped by associated customer so you can also see the correlation between NPS (or Touchpoint) and agents/products.
Sentiment Score Debriefing:
Take advantage of SAP Analytics Cloud’s Smart Discovery feature to get a total debriefing of sentiment score e.g. key influencers and suggested visualizations. In the Simulations section, it is possible to simulate different scenarios by varying the values of different influencers.
Based on data acquisition connectivity to C4C Sales, C4C Service and Qualtrics.
360 degree overview of spend and savings summary based on various dimensions such as negotiation project, commodity group, supply base manager, quarter, supplier, and manufacturer
Analytics with real time data helps in better understanding of spend and savings from the various viewpoints. The visual representation makes data analysis and comparison easy which in turn enables supply base managers and directors make informed decisions without any delay.
Fitting visualizations and context information with slicing and dicing capabilities.
Decision Making Made Easy:
As a result:
Effective and efficient analysis of data leading to better negotiation with suppliers.
Based on HANA Live Connection to SAP Supply Base Optimization application.
The Treasury Executive Dashboard visualizes real-time insights into treasury operations for treasury executives and includes key performance indicators,
such as liquidity, cash position, bank relationship, debt volume and structure, counterparty limits, volume of bank guarantees, and market trends.
The presented data are from all Treasury-relevant application areas, such as Cash and Liquidity Management, Treasury and Risk Management,
and Financial Accounting.
The Treasury Executive Dashboard consists of the following tabs:
- Liquidity: Shows the liquidity as KPI and analyzed by different attributes, such as regions,
company codes, financial position groups, financial positions, and currency.
- Bank Relationship Overview: Shows the overview of banks and incoming/outgoing
payments of banks as well as bank groups.
- Cash Management: Shows your cash position forecast, mid-term liquidity forecast, as well
as actual cash flows.
- Indebtedness: Monitor KPIs related to the debt of your company and analyzed by different
- Counterparty Risk: Get the overview on the limit utilization and free limits of a specific limit
type by counterparty and counterparty ratings.
- Market Risk: Get the overview on the limit utilization and free limits of a specific limit
type by counterparty and counterparty ratings.
- Bank Guarantee: Get an overview of the volume and average fee rate of bank guarantees.
- Market Overview: Shows the trend for different market rates as KPIs and analyzed by
- Enables Treasury Executives to get real-time insights into treasury operations
- Enables Treasury Executives to get at a glance an overview of the biggest risks and
opportunities in Treasury Management
- Enables Treasury Executives to analyze trends of key performance indicators
Based on data acquisition from CDS views designed in SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Treasury Management. Content is delivered with scope item 49P.
Best Practices for Workforce Planning for SAP S/4HANA Cloud using SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Visibility into Actual workforce costs, planned workforce costs, and workforce expense trends
- Understand the cost of Salary merit increases, changes in benefit rates, bonus rate assumptions, travel, office, and other employee-related expenses
- Close the gap between Finance and HR assumptions by merging the assumptions into one planning & analysis solution
- Leverage SuccessFactors HR data to simplify planning based on existing headcount
- Pre-populate Plan expense assumptions by deriving run-rate from a set of Actual financial history from SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Plan for new hires, terminations, and transfers and understand the financial impact of each change
- Adjust Plan expense rates as you see fit: change a salary, increase merit %, update a benefits rate, over-ride a travel expense assumption, etc.
- Visualize Plan/Actual data in charts and tables, allowing for drill down, trend analysis,
Actual v Plan variance, and year-over-year analysis