Strategizing “Test Automation Framework” in SuccessFactors
Automated testing plays a huge advantage in testing scenarios. It is executed by software tools, so it is significantly faster than a manual approach and makes it a better option when the test cases are run repeatedly over an extended period.
Worksoft Certify provides automated testing for SuccessFactors that ensures critical business processes continue to function properly as changes are made to underlying applications. Tricentis TOSCA is an automation tool for functional and regression testing of various software products along with SAP SuccessFactors. It also includes GUI, CLI (command line interface), integrated test management, and API.
High Level Scope:
- Testing the SuccessFactors modules function using Worksoft Certify or Tricentis TOSCA
- The tool can be deployed even if a SAP project is in implementation, upgrade or maintenance stage.
- Testing will be intent to wide variety of SuccessFactors modules
Key Success Factors:
- Increased testing quality by using Worksoft Certify automation, a leading automation strategy, approach and frameworks.
- Reduce regression testing time by about 80-90%.
- Achieve faster time to market by speeding up the “plan, deploy and run” cycle, some of which can be done through unattended overnight test execution.
- Accelerated delivery of next generation HCM solution including best practice service processes
- Low cost, shorter duration project
- Increases productivity of teams
- Achieve faster time to market by speeding up the “plan, deploy and run” cycle
- Easy to learn, so you can train your team within very less time compared to QTP/UFT and selenium. So can start automation very early.
- Model based automation, no need to write framework for this. It is already present.
- Reusability of assets for test cases and modules
- Integrated with HP ALM for reporting
- Tracing requirements, managing test data, storing test cases-automated as well as Manual, managing logs of execution and binding defects with the Test cases/Execution results.
- Found the critical and high defect in early stage of regression testing / integration which saved time and effort (~ 50%)
Supporting multiple HR Transformation, SuccessFactors Application Maintenance & Support, it has been inferred the following challenges in testing space:
- Need for regression testing for half-yearly SuccessFactors releases
- Repetitive test cases
- High Volume of test cases
- Extensive manual effort
- High operational costs
SF Test Automation aims at elimination of additional resources/cost/time used in specifically in Release based Regression Testing.