[LTMOM] Enhance FI migration object – Accounts receivable (Customer) open item
In this post, the objective is to help you to enhance migration object “Accounts receivable (Customer) open item” in order to allow input of customer line item with different Reconciliation Accounts and tax code.
As per SAP standard delivered template, we can only enter one customer for line item with one invisible default Reconciliation Account for posting, without two more Reconciliation Accounts nor tax code. As described in many other posts about Migration Cockpit, I will show that it is not much difficult to enhance fields to meet business scenario that one customer with different Reconciliation Accounts for posting.
- Evaluate Situation
- Understand Foreground Work
- Check API work
- Hands-On in LTMOM
In standard delivered template, we can’t find field of G/L account (Reconciliation Account), and it cannot be filled in the delivered standard template:
This can be confirmed by the object in the migration modeler (LTMOM), field G/L account (Reconciliation Account) is not in the source structure:
And nothing in the Fields mapping:
To be aware that there is one same General Ledger Account field in 2 structures:
one structure is for G/L account item, another one structure is for Customer Item.
- G/L account item Structure
- Customer Item Structure
Understand Foreground Work
First, to start with foreground work, we need to know how to manually create AR document with Reconciliation Account and Offsetting Account under Transaction Code F-02.
- Reconciliation Account line item creation:
As displayed, field G/L Acc can be manually changed into other Reconciliation Accounts for posting
- Offsetting Account line item creation:
As displayed, Tax Code of Offsetting Account is auto generated based on previous Reconciliation Account tax code value
After get understanding of foreground work, then let’s check API requirements.
Check API work
There are different ways to check how an API work, but I suggest to check it from documentation.
Let’s go to transaction LTMOM, open object and double click on Target Structures menu, and find the field Function Module: DMC_MIG_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST
Copy the function module name and go to transaction SE37 to display its attributes.
Once you are displaying the attributes of the function, look for the Function Module Documentation.
Documentation analysis should be done based on business requirement to understand how the parameter works.
After checking documentation, we know there is no more special API requirements to impact business requirement.
Hands-On in LTMOM
Before Hands-on, we should check carefully on Function Module Documentation parameter.
Let’s start by adapting source structures by adding G/L Account (Reconciliation Account) under structure of Customer Open Items, please follow the steps below:
- Open Source Structure menu of Customer Open Items. And Click insert icon.
Remember, this new field will be used to sorting the sequence of the new load template, define a data type that you can apply this kind of logic.
Reconciliation Accounts is one type of G/L account, so it is still used with tech field name of G/L account “HKNOT”
- Right click Customer Open Items to set up fields view, choose Display View.
As default displayed, new inserted field view is visible. No need to change.
- Open Field Mapping menu, progress fields mapping.
Before fields mapping, let’s better understand fields in target structure first.
There are two structures have the same field “G/L account”, but we need to understand same field in respective structure work.
- G/L account item structure
As displayed, it is already set up default by offset account, and keep it.
- Customer Item structure
As displayed, it is not mapped in General Ledger Account.
- Go to structure of Customer Item. Drag field G/L Account from the left list, hold it to put into the right list of General Ledger Account, keep default mapping rule with MOVE
- Go into structure of G/L account item, find field of Tax on Sale/Purchases Code.
Note: Offsetting Account tax code value is same as Reconciliation Account tax code value. Here we should check the mapping rule of offsetting account tax code , otherwise SAP will pop out error message as below that “Tax code A0 does not appear in any G/L account item”.
So find field of Tax on Sale/Purchases Code in structure of G/L account item
- Right click on the field of Tax on Sale/Purchases Code, choose Assign Rule
- Click option icon.
- Look for target field of Tax on Sale/Purchases Code, choose it.
- Set the parameter value for Tax on Sale/Purchases Code, click option icon.
- Look for target parameter value of Tax Code, choose it.
- Ticked, and save it.
- Then you can see the rule of Tax on Sale/Purchases Code is correctly set it.
- Save mapping structure.
- Click top button of Migration Object, choose Synchronize Structures.
- Choose the tick.
- Finally, choose fan icon to generate the migration object again.
- Download new load template in LTMC. Now we have two compared versions of load template:
I hope this blog post makes you get the ways of how to add new fields and will help you in SAP delivered migration templates enhancement to meet your business requirements. LTMOM is not only a powerful tool, but also a program that help you to improve understanding of data migration for Non-ABAPer.