Dear Utilities Community,
On day 4 of our SAP Utility Week, we focused on the transformation area customer.
Almost customer, prospects, partners and utilities-interested parties registered for the session on May 14th to learn more about the customer experience portfolio, the SAP Commerce Cloud Telco-/Utilities-Accelerator and to listen to our customer San Diego Gas & Electric sharing their experience about their digital transformation.
We had the following agenda:
- Customer Experience (CX) for Utilities
- State of the industry
- Solution portfolio
- SAP Commerce Cloud Telco-/ Utilities – Accelerator Demo
- Overview of the solution
- Product definition
- Selling of commodity and non-commodity items
- San Diego Gas & Electric – Roadmap to a Successfull Digital Strategy
- Get insights how San Diego Gas & Electric will empower its customers and successfully achieve digital transformation using SAP Customer Experience incl. the SAP Self Service for Utilities.
A special thanks to our speakers Dan Linder and Sandra Webb from San Diego Gas & Electric, Juergen Kuhmann and Florian Frömberg from SAP.
Here is a list of further resources:
- SAP Utilities Industry website
- SAP Customer Experience website
- Utilities Industry Whitepaper
- SAP Utilities Community
- Subscribe to the Utilities newsletter
Please watch the session on demand here.
When entering the platform, you can download the slide decks from the “Resource List”.
In the session, we announced “The Intelligent Enterprise Innovation and Experience Proposition for the Energy Utilities Industry”. Please send a note to SAPUtilitiesNews@sap.com if you want to have a copy.
The participants asked many great questions which should be also interesting for you. Here is our FAQ:
- SAP Experience Management is a separate module or an add-on to other available solution like SAP Sales/Service Cloud, etc?
It is a separate module, get more information about SAP Experience Management here.
- Is SEW also part of Customer Experience Management? If yes, how can we integrate SEW in our current SAP system?
SEW is part of our CX Portfolio, like Customer Experience is part of the CX Portfolio.
- Self Service is part of the SAP Service Cloud, right? Can it be part of SAP Commerce Cloud too?
Correct, we can visualize SEW in the Commerce View.
- Can we get more details on SEW? How can this be integrated in SAP S/4HANA?
Yes, here is a link with additional information.
- Is 360 Customer View part of SEW or SAP Commerce Cloud?
The central customer profile is housed in customer data cloud. Marketing Cloud creates a profile suitable for the marketer. C4C creates a view on the profile suitable for the call center agent, SEW creates a view on the profile suitable for the self-service customer, commerce cloud creates a so-called account view of the customer profile suitable for its needs
- Is the self-service dashboard on SAP Commerce Cloud a mashup to SEW?
Yes – SEW is embedded in SAP Commerce Cloud.
Please feel free to add more questions in the comment field below.