The purpose of this blog post is to put out the recent functional improvements which have happened in SAP Project Systems domain.
These improvements have been around now for almost 4 years. There are close to 23 improvements which have happened over a period of time, the complete list of improvements are listed in the composite SAP Note 2367898.
Out of these improvements, I think the two mentioned below have a strong usability in SAP PS Projects and daily functioning within the user community..
- CNMASSCREATE:- Mass Creation of Projects & WBS Elements
- Mass creation/update of Projects and WBS elements using the new T-Code CNMASSCREATE.
- The details on how to get it is provided in the SAP Note 2321481
- The transaction allows the user to download a simple excel template to add the details of Project, WBS elements details to upload.
- The report provides the option to run the upload in test mode to check for any errors and then run it in actual mode. The spool is generated for the success and failures if the report is run in the background mode.
Following point should be noted here
- This transaction doesn’t support the creation of Network & Activities.
- It allows updates to custom fields added at the Project or WBS level i.e. appended in Table PROJ or PRPS.
- It doesn’t support updates to Investment Management fields at the WBS level.
2. CNMASSSTATUS:- Mass Status Changes for WBS elements across different projects
- The New transaction CNMASSSTATUS can be used to set or reset the System status or User Status of an object within the Project/s.
- The details on getting the transaction active can be taken from SAP Note 2330142.
- The transaction allows users to set/rest the status of WBS/Network/ Activities.
Hope it helps you in finding at one place the recent functional improvements in SAP PS..
Cheers – Sammar