SAP Document Compliance for Peru – FAQ on UBL 2.1 and OSE
What roles are involved in Peruvian electronic documents?
- Tax Payer: SAP customers running Business operations in Peru.
- PSE: Electronic Service Provider – (Optional) 3rd party company helping create and sign XML documents on behalf of tax payer. Not required for SAP customers implementing SAP Document Compliance for Peru
- OSE: Electronic Service Operation- 3rd party validator. Optional today but required as of July 1st. (Explained later).
- SUNAT electronic documents validation system: Available till July 1st,
What document formats and rules are supported?
Starting March 1st 2019, only UBL 2.1 format is supported (http://www.sunat.gob.pe/mensajes/febrero/2019/aviso-ti-080219.html).
Currently SAP Document Compliance for Peru supports UBL 2.1 version.
For particular use cases, customers might need to adjust the output format accordingly using regular eDocument Framework BADIs (SET_OUTPUT_DATA).
Due to frequent changes in rules and validations from SUNAT side, SAP customers might need to adjust their sales operations as well as integration formats.
SAP provides ongoing support for SAP Document Compliance for Peru – full solution on best-effort basis.
What are the “SEE” issuing systems?
“SEE” stands for “Electronic Issuing System”, there are currently 4 different options:
- SEE-SOL: Web based front-end for billing. Available today and also after July 1st, 2019.
- SEE- Tax Payer Issuing System: Tax payer generates and signs the XML documents and integrated via web services. This is the basis for the SAP Document Compliance for Peru – full solution.
- SEE- SUNAT Billing System: This is an application from SUNAT to generate billing documents. Not used in the context of SAP Document Compliance for Peru – full solution.
- SEE- “OSE”: This is a 3rd party. not generating the XML but running validations on behalf of SUNAT.
What are the SUNAT Allied?
3rd party companies offering OSE and PSE services.
What is a “PSE” service provider?
3rd party company creating and signing electronic documents on behalf of Peruvian companies.
SAP Document compliance for Peru – full solution does not require to hire “PSE” Services. XML generation, Web Service communication and Signing is already provided as part of the solution.
What is an “OSE” service provider?
- 3rd party company running validations on behalf of SUNAT.
- Compulsory as of July 1st, 2019 for automated billing. SUNAT won’t run validations for the Tax Payer Issuing System in the future.
- SEE-SOL manual web based front-end will be available.
What companies offering “OSE” services are certified by the SUNAT?
- padrones notificaciones –> “Operadores de Servicios Eletrónico – OSE”
- These companies may offer additional services, but in the context of SAP Document Compliance for Peru – full solution, no additional service is required, other than “OSE service”.
Is there any “OSE” specific customization required for SAP Document Compliance for Peru – full solution?
No, since all OSEs must implement the integrations following specific rules described in the SUNAT interoperability manual (http://cpe.sunat.gob.pe/node/88) and cannot introduce any modification. Nevertheless OSEs are entitled to enrich error information or even implement minor differences in the response compression format.
SAP standard SAP Cloud Platform Integration delivered iFlows for Peru support this integration. No customizations are required.
Just like SUNAT, OSEs provide their domain and WSS authentication data (changes to service or web service operations are not possible). Just configure your iFlow and credential accordingly, and redeploy.
What is the architecture of the SAP Document Compliance solution for Peru?
- It is based on SUNAT SEE Tax Payer Service. Both SUNAT or OSE connections are supported out-of-the-box.
- Till July 1st 2019, both SUNAT and OSE communications are supported. Later SUNAT service won’t be available.
“I noticed my OSE validation differs from SUNAT validation. What should I do?”
If the response differs from the description in SUNAT interoperability manual, contact SUNAT for validation (see below), otherwise clarify with your OSE service provider.
Does SAP recommend any specific OSE?
No, all SUNAT certified OSEs are supported.
SAP does not certify OSEs, SUNAT certify their interoperability.
OSEs have very different commercial rules, typically SAP customers run testing environments after going live. Make sure to clarify all support aspects accordingly.
What validations should I run before going live with my OSE?
UBL 2.1 is very comprehensive in terms of validations. From this perspective documents validations could a be pretty resource intensive task. It is recommended to run stress testing and volume testing well in advance with your OSE.
SAP also recommends to test all your business use cases with your OSE before switching from SUNAT direct connection.
As a tax payer implementing electronic documents, may I contact SUNAT either for technical or tax related support?
Yes, during local business hours in Spanish using the following channels:
- email: asistenciaCdP@sunat.gob.pe
- phone : +51 1634 3232 ext 25018 or 25017
- web chat: http://sunatchat.sunat.gob.pe/wchat/
Is there any document available from SUNAT?
yes, main sources of information for SUNAT electronic documents are present here: http://cpe.sunat.gob.pe/
Learn more in our community or contact us, we are glad to help.