SuccessFactors Reporting & Analytics 2005 Release FAQ (Q&A Series Experience)
2005 SuccessFactors Release comes with a complete reimagined experience in terms of delivering Product Release Information to customers and partners.
- What’s New Viewer: Starting from getting a complete overview of the new features and functions in SAP SuccessFactors 1H 2020 via What’s New Viewer which provides Dynamic, mobile-friendly interface with improved information quality & enhanced use of supporting visuals.
- Q&A Series: Replacing the Release Information Webinar (RIW) series with a more effective, conversational approach to learning about a release directly with Product Management, these sessions answered the questions that matter most to your company.
Taking a step further, to give clarity and detailed explanation of some Frequently Asked Questions raised by the customers during the Reporting and Analytics Q&A session( hosted on 21st April 2020), we have picked the top 10 questions and tried to answer them in detail below.
- Difference between People Analytics & Report Center.
- Can we use external data (eg: CSV, other sources like payroll, Finance) as input file to People Analytics Embedded Edition.
- Private vs Public labels.
- What is the People Analytics Embedded schedule and how to enable it?
- What are the Modules supported by People Analytics Embedded Edition?
- Can we import/export Labels in the Report Center?
- When will compensation schema be available in the People Analytics Embedded Edition?
- Understanding IAS, IPS as People Analytics pre-requisite.
- I have People Analytics specific roadmap query or feedback, what is the channel to get my queries answered?
- Reporting & Analytics Roadmap related queries.
Question: Difference between People Analytics & Report Center.
Answer: Report Center is a pre-requisite to enable People Analytics.
Report Center consolidates report builder tools into a modern interface where you can build and run reports. Report Center centralizes all the reporting components from different analytical tools in SAP SuccessFactors. The analytical tools are Tiles, Dashboards, Ad Hoc Reports, Online Report Designer Reports and People Analytics. This centralization allows you to edit and run reports from a central location. It’s designed on the SAP Fiori interface principles. Report Center is available through Upgrade Center. After you adopt the Report Center, you can find all your reports in the Report Center.
- Report Center Upgrade Beginning Q3 2019
- Report Center to Become a Universal Feature
- Are you ready for Report Center Universal Upgrade?
The Report – Story type of report in Report Center is part of the People Analytics solution, and it’s based on the integration of SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite with SAP Analytics Cloud.
The embedded edition of People Analytics offers a single tool for reporting, insights, dashboards, etc. that enables you to perform cross-suite reporting based on live transactional data across the SAP SuccessFactors HXM suite.
- People Analytics Embedded Edition Documentation
- Release Schedule for People Analytics, embedded edition
Question: Can we use external data (eg: CSV, other sources like payroll, Finance) as input file to People Analytics Embedded Edition.
Answer: This is not possible in People Analytics, embedded edition. It is restricted to data within SuccessFactors only. If you want to import data into SuccessFactors (such as via MDF) this would then be available.
Question: Private vs Public labels.
Answer: From 2005 Release, you can set a label type as public or private. A private label is available only to the user, who creates the label. Whereas public labels are available to all reporting admins. Non-admin users can only view the public labels if they have access to reports associated with public labels.
Question: What is People Analytics Embedded schedule and how to enable it?
- Release Schedule for People Analytics, embedded edition
- Enabling Report – Story in SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- 2877303 – Quick Guide to Enable People Analytics Embedded edition
Question: What are the modules supported by the People Analytics Embedded Edition.
Question: Can we import/export labels in the Report Center?
Answer: Export and import of labels are not supported as of now however there is a way to know some information like Name, Owner / Author, Last modified date, and Scope (Public / Private / Not applicable) about the labels present in your instance. Follow 2919019 – How to find more details like owner and scope for Report Center Labels? for this.
Question: When will compensation be available in the People Analytics Embedded Edition?
Answer: PAEE currently supports multiple tables like Eligibility Rule, Eligibility User Info, Template Name from Compensation schema, and tables like Compensation, Compensation Information, Spot Bonus from Compensation (Recurring and Non-Recurring) schema.
For complete supported schema list please go to Complete list of Available Data (Schema) in Report – Story
Question: Understanding IAS, IPS as People Analytics pre-requisite.
Answer: Have Identity Authentication Service (IAS) and Identity Provider Service (IPS) configured with your SAP SuccessFactors tenant is a pre-requisite for enabling People Analytics Embedded Edition.
SAP Cloud Identity Authentication comprises two components:
- Identity Authentication Services (IAS) – used to authenticate/login users
- Identity Provisioning Services (IPS) – used to sync users from the source (ex. SAP SuccessFactors) to the target (ex. IAS) in order for users to be authenticated and logged in.
While IAS will get the users logged in, IPS is required to sync users from SuccessFactors to IAS and People Analytics to provide seamless integration.
- When to Use SAP SuccessFactors with SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication
- Benefits of Using SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication
- More info on IAS/IPS: Migration to SAP Cloud Identity Authentication With IAS/IPS from Existing Systems
Question: Reporting & Analytics Roadmap related queries.
Answer: For any roadmap related query, please have a look at the SAP SuccessFactors First Half 2020 Product Road Maps
Question: I have People Analytics specific roadmap query or feedback, what is the channel to get my queries answered?
- Please use our customer community channel for asking questions.
- A specific Jam group has also been created for customers to engage in the People Analytics Road Map. This is the most appropriate place to raise questions regarding the future of the People Analytics solution. To gain access to this group please contact PeopleAnalytics@sap.com and request access to the Jam group.
Other Release specific recommended information:
- SAP SuccessFactors Known Issues First Half 2020 Release (1H 2020)
- 2005 – Analytics & Reporting Release Information FAQ