SAP ISU explained like never before
Whatever module/assignment I come across through my professional journey, I document it with my understanding and share the same here on this platform to help/serve our SAP community, passing the baton, today is time to discuss/understand less heard module of SAP, that is designed to address utility industry challenges called SAP ISU.
ISU deals with following below industries(there are others as well)…
Electric : Includes the generation, trading, transmission, distribution, retail, metering and customer care segments of electricity providers.
Natural Gas : Includes the distribution, metering, retail and customer care segments of end use of natural gas providers.
Water and Wastewater : Includes the supply, treatment, distribution, metering and customer care segments of water and waste water providers.
The broad picture of energy and utility industry :
Nomenclature/terminology/acronyms in SAP ISU :
Connection objects : Physical locations where a utility service is provided. It mainly stores address information, which is generally used as the supply address for utilities.
Business Partner : Person or Organisation with which company will maintain business relations.
Contract Account : Contains business data of Business Partner.
Device : Used to measure energy consumption.
Premise : Enclosed unit e.g. flat, factory etc.
Installation : Group of all devices, registers and rate billing values that are allocated to premise and grouped together for billing.
Division : Division in ISU is nothing but the kind of services provided to the customer. e.g. Electricity, Water, Natural Gas.
Master Data in ISU : The master data model holds both, the customer and property information. Customer information is held in the Business Master Data. Property information is held in the Technical Master Data.
BMD – Business Partner
- A natural person or legal entity, with which the Utility company has a legal relationship
- Contains central data such as business partner’s name, addresses, communication numbers and bank details
- The Business Partner in ISU will be replicated from CRM
BMD – Contract Account
- The contract account defines how the customer’s account is treated, e.g. a customer’s home and business account would have different billing term.
- Means the consumption in home would be much lower than that of plant/factory (business account) hence account would be different and different billing term would be applicable.
BMD – Contracts
- Contracts are utility service agreements between the utility company and its business partners
- A contract is related to a division. It links one single contract account to one installation. However, several contracts can be grouped together in one contract account for which the same payment and dunning terms apply.
TMD – Connection Object
- Connection Objects in SAP are usually buildings but can also be part of a building or a facility such as streetlight or construction site.
- Since an address is allocated to a connection object, the connection object links premises, device locations and connections to the postal regional structure.
TMD – Premise
- The premise is an enclosed spatial unit that is supplied with energy, for example, an apartment or factory.
- A premise can have several utility installations (Supply Points) and is division-independent.
- The premise is allocated to a connection object and to the address of that connection object.
TMD – Installation
- An installation groups together the devices, registers, and, if applicable, reference values that belong to the same division and are allocated to the same premise, and that are therefore billed together, such as an on-peak and an off-peak rate meter.
- An installation is allocated to one contract only. In exceptional cases (such as an installation under construction or an installation without an owner) an installation is not allocated to a contract.
Business and Technical Master data link :
Other Master Data :
Device Location : Location within a connection object where devices are installed. Device locations correspond to functional locations.
Device : Individual, physical object that is to be maintained as an autonomous unit. Devices can be:
- Counting devices (meters)
- Data processing devices (converters)
- Devices with protective or adjusting functions (pressure controllers)
Rate Category :A rate category is allocated to each utility installation. It contains data that controls the cross-rate processing of meter reading data and billing.
Rate Type : Classification of a register, flat rate or reference value for billing purposes. In conjunction with rate category, the rate type is used to determine the rate.
- BP: BUT000 (and all other BUT* tables).
- Contract Account (FKKVK and FKKVKP).
- Contract: EVER
- Installation: EANL
- Premise: EVBS
- Address: ADRC
- Functional Location: IFLOT
Transaction Codes :
- Create business partner – BP, FPP1( for Contract Partner)
- Create Contract Account – CAA1
- Create Connection Object – ES55
- Create Premise – ES60
- Create Installation – ES30
- Create Device Location – ES65
- Create Device – IQ01
- Device Installation – EG31
- Technical Installation – EG33
- Billing Related Installation – EG34
- Move-in – EC50E
- Move-out – EC55E
Author’s say: Images attached in this blog copied from multiple internet sources and author states no right over the same. Moreover, check out the below link/blog for more information in this series.
Thanks for this explanation!
What I like to see also is information about massive transactions, how are they should be customized
Nice simplified document.
Thanks for your explanation and efforts to make it so simple.
Very well defined and in simple language. Good work. Thank you.