SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation Content in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2005 – (Deep Dive)
Highlights of the SAP Intelligent RPA Best Practices Content with SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2005 Release
This blog provides an overview of the #S4HANA #Cloud 2005 with the latest and greatest innovations highlights which are released as part of our SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2005 shipment for Intelligent Robotic Process Automation using “SAP Intelligent Robot Process Automation Bot Store “.
SAP Intelligent Automation will help organizations optimize their productivity, transform paper-based processes into digital assets, provide intelligent automation of structured workflows, decisions and tasks, embed process intelligence and insights, to achieve business process excellence and flexibility.
SAP Intelligent RPA services let you build and orchestrate intelligent bots that can accelerate the process automation goal of new age enterprises by reducing manual tasks. After capturing user activity, the bots can emulate users in their interactions with software, and digitally execute some of their tasks. When such intelligent bots are integrated with machine learning and conversational AI skills, they could operate in a hands-free mode of automatic process execution.
With SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2005, we provide new innovations with Intelligent Robotic Process Automation Best Practices Content Innovation for Finance Data Management, Supply Chain and Project based services using SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation running on SAP cloud platform to automate business processes within SAP S/4HANA on premise and S/4HANA Cloud.
Out-of-the-box automation – SAP Best Practices for SAP Intelligent RPA integration with SAP S/4HANA. Automating S/4HANA – 70+ bot samples to implement Best Practices.
We’re releasing even more advanced SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation features and content in this 2005 release that motivates enterprises to run independent ERP systems in cloud
Users can download our best practices for SAP RPA content from Intelligent RPA bot Store.
SAP Intelligent RPA – Store (Where you can find content)
Users can Browse, Filter and Search Content
- Line of Business
- Free search
You can get a look of the content provided, which is available without a tenant, on a public website.
- Short and Full Description
- What’s New
- Content Detail
Let’s take a look at the intelligent enterprise, automation and a process excellence framework to help you understand how SAP can deliver automation in a way that keeps complexity down, is scalable, and valuable.
Machine learning has also enabled breakthroughs in several related “add-on” areas that are tangential to the core of RPA.
- Optical character recognition (OCR) to recognize text, and intelligent character recognition (ICR) to interpret handwriting.
- Document processing: Augmented content analytics that uses machine learning to identify the position of fields on documents such as customer invoices.
Three Important Components that are newly added to SAP’s Intelligent Robotic Process Automation to drive efficiency for autonomous intelligence.
- SAP Intelligent RPA Cloud Studio – New UI Layout and User Task UX Improvements.
- Cloud Factory improvements – Simplified Agent, Environment Management Wizard for deployment, Visual Assistance and displaying Deployment Errors. In Environment, a package or a trigger can have the following colors (Blue: Enable Grey: Disable, Orange (for triggers): Trigger cannot be executed.
- Document Processing PDF – New SDK functions and activities to work with readable PDFs, Supports password protected PDFs, Utility Methods in SDK and Document Processing.
- Surface Automation with Multi- Template Matching – Improves accuracy in matching in case of multiple candidates match the template which is achieved by linking control to nearby label Surface Automation.
- OCR Neighboring Controls Text Match – This feature aims to resolve ambiguity in identifying the correct text items which based on design time item coordinates and p rovide variance as % with respect to x, y coordinates.
Top 3 business driven innovations to automate your business processes using SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation capabilities with #S4HANA #Cloud.
- Digital Automation for Manufacturing – Usage Decision for Inspection Lots.
- Digital Automation for Sales Manager – Automatic Return Creation from Excel.
- Digital Automation for Professional Services – Automated Update of Project Duration and Resource Planning.
Digital Workers Improve SAP S/4HANA Manufacturing / Production Business Processes efficiency.
Let’s take deeper look at the First business driven innovation for Production Processes using SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation content with SAP S/4HANA.
Usage Decision for Inspection Lots (4QM)
The solution provides increased efficiency and simplifies the with efficient way to perform the Usage Decision for large number of Inspection Lots that is relevant for all the Goods Receipt process to reduce the repetitive process involving lots of manual efforts.
This bot provides a mechanism for auto posting of Inspection Recording and Usage Decision for mass inspection lots in the SAP S/4HANA System using the standard whitelisted API in the S/4 HANA system. This bot supports the attended and scheduled modes in this release.
Quality technicians/Engineers can remove repetitive manual processes and time-consuming tasks. Digital Worker automates the decision making of the Inspection Lot based on the usage decision code. The accepted stock would be moved to unrestricted stock type and the rejected would be moved to blocked stock type automatically.
Reference to S/4HANA Cloud Best Practices Scope items Quality Management in Procurement (1FM), Quality Management in Discrete Manufacturing (1E1) and Quality Management in Sales (1MP).
Let’s take deeper look at the second business driven innovation for Sales Processes using SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation content with SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Automatic Return Creation from Excel (4HT)
With this scope item, we deliver more advanced automation features, allowing Sales Clerks to reduce manual effort with repeated system operation. Sales Process is optimized with increase efficiency, increased speed of return, return clerk can focus on identifying the return issues by eliminating the human errors.
Intelligent bots can take smarter decisions, cut across organizational barriers by driving optimal process modelling for maximum efficiency in Sales Return processes. In many companies, Return Clerks create returns for customers in the system upon receiving their return requests through emails. Digital Automation worker can identify which return requests belong to which sales orders and then create return documents one by one with reference to the related sales order in the SAP S/4HANA system.
Let’s take deeper look at the third business driven innovation for Project Managers in Professional Services (Commercial Projects)
Automated Update of Project Duration and Resource Planning (4R1)
Automated update of Project Duration and Resource Planning allows the Project Manager to update the project and work packages duration for projects in planning. Additionally, the bot will return a report with the availability details of staffed resources for the extended period, based on which the Project Manager can take action with minimal time and effort. This bot is applicable to Basic Resource Management only.
SAP Intelligent RPA and the pre-defined bots in S/4HANA help customers to realize intelligent, automatic and accurate business process execution.
Stay tuned for more updates in the next quarters!
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info link
- SAP S/4HANA During the COVID-19-Era here
- SAP News Blog Post by Oliver Betz
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blogs here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community: register here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here
Follow us via @SAP and #S4HANA or myself via @har1234 (Hardeep Tulsi)