Solution for Issues in BPC Optimized for S/4 HANA 1610 Info providers after upgrading from SAP HANA 1.0 SPS 12 to SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 04
After upgrading from SAP HANA 1.0 SPS 12 Database Revision 122.28 to SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 04 Database Revision 046, we have faced some issues which were later sorted out with SAP. I would like to share the issues that we faced and the solution for the same in this blog post, so that it can be referred if you too face this kind of issue.
We did an upgrade from SAP HANA 1.0 SPS 12 to SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 04. While doing so, we were able to find that we were not able to fetch data into our reports from few Info providers. While we tried doing so by executing our Analysis for Office reports, we got the error as in the following screenshot:
We had tried to make it work by Renewing the API Postings, but it did not resolve the issue. So, we raised this to SAP and got the solution mentioned in the next part.
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to solve this Issue:
1. Go to the T-Code SE16 to view the table contents. Type the table name RSDRC_DB_HINTS (Database hints for Info Providers) as mentioned in the below screenshot and click on Table Contents at bottom of the screen.
2. Now, click on the Execute button in the screen that appears as shown below.
3. You can notice at the bottom of the screen, that the following message appears.
4. Now, go to the T-code SM30 in order to edit the table and click on ‘Maintain’ as shown in the below Screenshot.
5. Enter the SAP info providers above which the Reports that threw errors after SAP HANA upgrade are present.
So, from this blog post you should have understood the main cause of our issue after upgrading the HANA Database and how to rectify it. Please feel free to post your comments.