Mandatory fields in virtual data sources
The objective of this blog post is to explain the mandatory fields check in virtual data sources in SAP Business ByDesign.
When using OData services and ODP for the extraction of accounting data, correct and consistent results depend on the right selection of certain parameters as for example the combination of company and set of books. We now provide the possibility to activate a check of mandatory fields in the selection parameters. This not only defines which fields are mandatory, but also how to select them.
As soon as the feature is activated, the system issues meaningful error messages, such as “A filter is required on property Company” instead of simply canceling the program or provide an empty result as before. In addition, the system checks, if “Single Value Selection”, “Multiple Value Selection” and “Interval Selection” in the value selection is allowed, depending on whether single values or value ranges are allowed for a selection parameter.
Business Analytics > Data Sources
A ticket must be created to request the activation of the check for the following data sources:
- FINPRFU01 Profitability: Order Profit
- FINGLAU04 Financial Statements
- FINFXAU05 Fixed Assets Account Balances
- FINGLAU13 Cash Balance Audit Trail
- FININVU02 Production Ledger Account Line Items
- FINPRFU10 Profitability: Invoice Profit
- FINPRFU20 Profitability: Earned Profit
- FINPRFU30 Profitability Management
- FINTAXU10 Data Source for all VAT / Sales Tax Items with Journal Entry Details
- FININVU05 Production Ledger Account Aggregated Items
- FINCACU16 Cost Centers – Plan/Actual/Forecast
- FINGLAU02 G/L Account Items
- FINGLAU08 ARP Ledger Account Line Items
- FININVU01 Material Ledger Account Line Items
- FININVU03 Purchase Ledger Account Line Items
This short introduction of mandatory fields check in virtual data sources shall help you to start using the new capabilities in SAP Business ByDesign.