Solution for Analysis for Office Reports not appearing in Folders created in SAP BPC Optimized for S/4 HANA 1610
In SAP BPC optimized for S/4 HANA 1610 one of our customers had asked to display the Analysis for Office Reports in Specific Folders. When we tried doing so, we were unable to attach the reports in folders due to certain issues. In this blog post, I have mentioned about the issues that we faced and the solution for them. We have used Analysis for Office Version 22.214.171.124367.
We tried creating Folders in BPC by referring to the below Blog post. But we were still unable to view the reports in respective folders. We had carried out few more steps in addition to this blog post in order to succeed in creating the folders in Analysis for Office in BPC.
After following the steps in the above blog post, our Analysis for Office folders appeared as shown below without containing any Reports in them.
In the above screenshot you can see that the report did not appear in the folder.
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to solve this Issue:
1. Firstly, be sure that the report you are trying to assign to a Particular folder is collected in a Transport Request.
2. Now, Open the report you want to add to by using the Search tab as mentioned below:
3. Now, click on File and select Analysis. Here, select Save Workbook and again select Save Workbook from the list that appears as shown below.
4. Select the Particular Folder to which you need to assign the Report and click on Save.
5. Now, again Click on File and Select Analysis. Click on Open Workbook and then Select ‘Open a Workbook from the Business Warehouse Platform’. In the dialog box that appears, go to the Role tab and keep your cursor on the folder to which the new report is added. Click on Refresh as shown in the below Screenshot.
6. Now, the report that you have added appears on the selected folder.
Thus, our issue has been resolved.
Note: While opening AFO Reports in BPC under Role tab, the folders will appear only if any report is saved inside that specific folder.
- Analysis Office Role Folder in SAP NetWeaver Platform from the link provided below: https://blogs.sap.com/2018/01/23/analysis-office-role-folder-in-sap-netweaver-platform/
This blog is so informative.
Thanks for you comment!
Thank you for your wonderful blog.
How do I create a role in AO to incorporate a hierarchy into the role folder?
Dear Rusuke Yamada,
Roles need not be created in AO to incorporate a hierarchy into the role folder. Once after opening an AFO Report, the user who has the access to the role created in the transaction PFCG, will also have the access to save the AFO Report to the folder in the hierarchy once after they open the report screen.
We have Transported the reports through TR, In search bar I am able to see the Reports but I am unable to save the reports under role.