Embed Video in C4C Campaign Content
Many businesses use E-mail campaign as their major marketing medium which is agreeably a powerful way to connect with other organizations or people. Such E-mails with videos will be more engaging and entertaining too.
This Blog explains how to embed a video or an image in .gif format to your E-mail Campaign content in Sales Cloud.
- The .gif format or the video to be embedded should be hosted in web already
- Sales Campaign has been scoped in the solution correctly
- Work center ‘Sales Campaign’ and View ‘Content’ enabled for your user
- Subdomains for campaign execution maintained under Business Configuration. Refer this SAP Note 2147510
- HTML Editor or Notepad will suffice
Steps to Design your HTML template
- An unsubscribe link is mandatory, format should be like:
- Encoding html document should be UTF-8, open the template in Notepad, select Save as and select Encoding UTF-8.
- To be able to edit text blocks in your email template in C4C the tag should be used
- Now to embed an image in .gif format, use the below format
<img src="https://[Location of GIF Image].gif" alt="[Title1]" width="350" height="100">
- Now to embed video format
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://[Your Video URL]" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Activate the content.
- If you receive ‘content not supported’ error message during content activation, then check if correct MIME types are enabled in Fine tuning. Refer this SAP Note 2490854
- In few cases, one cannot directly copy+paste the Video URL. Say, in case of YouTube – Select the video, Click ‘Share’ and then ‘Embed’. Now copy the HTML Code that appears in the box and use in your template. Remember this to avoid access restriction errors.
Note: Image attached is just for demo purpose only.
You are good to execute your Email Campaign with a GIF or a Video being embedded in it. If you find this blog useful, share your comments.
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.