Track Employee Health Status using Success Factors Employee Central and Attach a Leave plan Automatically
This is the time of uncertainty because of the disruption raised all over the world due to COVID-19. Every organization is concerned about their employee health status and also fear of community spread which not only impacts the society but also impacts their business outcome.
This is a technical solution which will help the organization to track the health status of each employee along with other details and attach a Leave plan if they see any risk so that employee can avail the benefits of working from Home/Quarantine Leave/ Medical facility without much impact to customer business. I hope this solution will provide practical help to the organization to not only deal with the current disruption which has raised because of COVID-19 but also any other pandemic in the future.
I hope this blog post will help SAP’s purpose is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Here Customers can configure an MDF based portlet in SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central system to manage this as well as attach a workflow to carry out the approval process and post Quarantine leave or Unpaid Leave or any other leave into Employee Central Time-Off.
This can be replicated to payroll for further processing.
Health Check-in Portlet in Employee Central
The same is replicated to Employee Central Payroll for further processing.
Note: This Demo has been prepared in SAP’s SuccessFactors Demo system and All screen-shots are taken from the same system for representation purposes only.
- Create Pick Lists using Pick List Center as below Admin Center > Tools > Picklist Center. Create PicklistsUpdate the picklist based on your requirement
- Create Custom Objects as below
Under Fields, click the Details link next to externalCode
- Create another object for Health Check Details as below
- You can keep on adding additional custom fields as below and attach the Pick List into each of themTo Attach Pick List: To Cust_Name, then click on DetailsSimilarly you can attach pick list to each of the fields
- Create following Business Rules To Default to Null for Reason for the Plan,Start Date , End Date, Comments and Attachments if someone selected “Individual Leave Plan In Place” as Null.To Default “Predicament” and “Reason”
- Assign above business Rules to base objects
- Create a New Time type for Absence “Quarantine Leave”as below
- Create an Off-cycle Event batch to post Leave(Quarantine Leave/Sick Leave/Unpaid Leave) based on “Reason for Leave Plan”. Manage Date>Off Cycle Event Batch
- Create a Rule to post Leave once specific condition satisfied and attach the same in “Associated Rule”. Here I have created a basic rule to post “Quarantine Leave”, but you can change the rule to post different kinds of Leave based on specific conditions fulfilled.
- Configure Health Check-in Portlet As Next Steps create the Section using Admin Center>Tools > Configure People Profile
- Give permission to all employee using Role-Based Permission
Admin Center > Tools > Manage Permission Role Open Employee Role
Open Permission and click “Permission” in the Permission Settings
- Schedule an Off-cycle Event Batch job with frequency daily once using Provisioning to Post Leave based on the Approval into Employee Central Time-Off.
- Try to Test it now by adding a declaration as below and attach necessary documents with a Leave Plan. This will go for Approval and Leave will be posted once approved.
- Quarantine Leave is Posted in EC Time-Off. Here also you can able to post a different kinds of leave once specific conditions satisfied. It can be replicated to Payroll to process it.
15. You can build some reports using the Employee Central Advance reporting toll Online Report Designer(ORD) to satisfy different reporting requirements in your organization.