SAP Cloud Platform Integration Certification
I am Phanindra. In this blog post, I would like to give a clear idea on how and what are the steps to crack SAP CPI Certification.
Goto –> https://training.sap.com/certification/c_cp_i_12-sap-certified-application-associate—sap-cloud-platform-integration-g/
You will be seeing the Topic areas to study and to book the product(CER006) within the Certification Hub.
The below are the main areas where you need to focus on to crack the Certification.
Introduction to SAP Cloud Platform Integration – SAP Cloud Platform Integration easily connects cloud applications with other cloud and onPremises apps, both from SAP and non-SAP .
In this topic you nee to know:
*Cloud computing – Resources use via the Internet in the form of a service. Allows users to access and work with their data and applications from anywhere.
Advantages are Elasticity, Cost-effectiveness, Simplicity and Availability.
Services That offers are Saas, Paas and Iaas.
* Deployment models : Public, Private and Hybrid.
* SAP CPI offers the following usage options :
- Data Integration
- Integration Flow
- OData Service
- Value mapping*SAP API Business Hub, RabbitMQ, Enterprise Messaging, OData Provisioning are the part of SAP Cloud Platform Integration services.
Note: Role of SAP Cloud Integration is to integrates cloud applications into an application landscape.
Operations and Monitoring – In this there are 3 topics
* Web-based monitoring – Used to check the status of the messages and integration content. Once you deploy the artifact and navigate to monitoring tab then you see the status of the iFlow. In this you need to know the
– Manage Integration Content
– Manage security
– Key stores
– Access logs and
– manage locks.
* API’s monitoring – An Application Program Interface allows you to access data. In this you need to know the ODATA API and its Authentication.
For more information about the programming model and how the HTTP methods and query options work in detail, see http://www.odata.org
Infrastructure and Database Service in PaaS – ‘PostgreSQL’ is the Infrastructure and Database service offered on SAP Cloud Platform. In this you need to understand the SAP Cloud platform Architecture which says “Pass requires Iaas” and it is also a platform for ‘SAP Leonardo applications’. SAP Cloud platform is a multi cloud and is able to run on other platforms like AWS, Google or Azure.
Note : Iaas = HEC
Security – The CPI infrastructure provided by SAP is already designed and built with high security standards. Here you need to understand on ‘Transport level security’ and ‘message level security’. When client calls a server using a secure communication channel, Authentication and Authorization checks are performed subsequently.
For more in detail, please go through the below link
● Setting up Secure Connections between Remote Systems and the Tenant
● Operating and Monitoring SAP CPI
Apart from this you need to know about Sender and Receiver adapters in CPI. Also, the components Discover, Design, Monitor, Settings and their functionalities.
iFlow Objects – In this topic you need to understand all the integration capabilities and the objects used in the iFlow.
* Message Transformation : Mapping, Content-modifier, Converter, Decoder, Encoder, Filter, Message Digest, Script
* Calling systems and Sub-processes : Request-Reply, Send, Content-Enricher, Process call
* Routing : Router, Multicast, Splitter, Join, Gather
* Data store: Persist message, Write variables and data store operations
* Security : Encryptor, Decryptor,Signer and Verifier.
Use the below link for complete explanation : https://help.sap.com/viewer/368c481cd6954bdfa5d0435479fd4eaf/Cloud/en-US/e32cedef6e8c4af5816c446541c7f527.html
SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC) – It is scalable and secure service. It provides production availability that spans the entire application to one privately managed environment.
* Privately managed cloud deployment
* Adaptable, scalable operating model
* Less time and cost required to go live
This private cloud service is available as bring your own license (BYOL) or as a monthly subscription based.
Software as a Service (SaaS) – The way of delivering applications over the Internet. Customers can access the Saas applications from a browser and their is no hardware or software to buy or install or maintain or update. The Saas provider will take care of everything. The Saas Products are :
● SAP SuccessFactors HR Solutions
● SAP S/4HANA Finance
● SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
● SAP Hybris Cloud for Sales
● SAP Hybris Cloud for Service
● SAP Hybris Marketing
● SAP Hybris Commerce
● SAP Business ByDesign (ERP for Midsize Business)
● SAP Business One Cloud (ERP for Small Business)
● SAP BusinessObjects Cloud for Analytics
● SAP Jam Collaboration
● SAP Jam Communities
● Ariba Network: Sourcing, Procurement, & Finance
● Concur: Travel & Expense Management
● Fieldglass: Flexible Labor Management
● SAP Leonardo
* SAP Smart Business service:
The framework for visualizing analytic content in the form of charts and tiles.
Key Capabilities : Address Cleansing, Geocoding, Reverse Geocoding.
* API Business Hub : allows developers to search, discover, test and consume the services they need to build new applications, using the SAP Cloud Platform.
Application Development Services in PaaS– Theses are divided into types
1. Business Services
2. Integration Services
Note : BusinessObjects Cloud, HANA Advanced Analytic, Smart Business Service, Streaming Analytics Service are the application development services in SAP Cloud Platform.
OData Provisioning : It exposes business data and business logic from on-premises SAP systems as standards-based services on SAP Cloud Platform.
- Overview of cloud service models and their Offerings
3 Infrastructure-as-a-Service* Highlevel overview of SAP Cloud Platform :
In this you need to understand on the below topics :
● A multitenant environment
● Customer and network segregation:
– SAP Cloud Platform is set up in a fenced network, separated from the SAP internal network.
– The internal traﬃc is controlled by ﬁrewalls
– Administrative access requires strong authentication
.● Secure Communication
● System hardening
Note : Open API’s, Integration and Micro services are the key functionalities in SAP Cloud Platform.
However, the above information is in High level. For the detailed topics and explanations please read CLD100 and CLD900 e-book (you can find it in Learning hub)which will be more helpful to become SAP Certified Application Associate – SAP Cloud Platform Integration
Once you are ready to take the exam, goto https://training.sap.com/certification/
After login, Click Access and then Exam Dashboard to schedule an exam. Thank you.
All the Best!