The Loneliness Of A (Not So) Long Distance Runner – The Playlist For A COVID-19 Exercise Regime
A few weeks ago, in an effort to stay (or get) fit, and to preserve my sanity, I challenged myself to a “Couch 2 5k” training routine. I can honestly say, I had perfected the “couch” piece over the 1st 2 weeks of the “stay at home” mandate!
As I turned on to “Baker Street”, too keep my mind active I started to compile a playlist of running/walking related songs and thoughts:
- I would recommend running “on the sunny side of the street”
- Be happy that you are “on the road again”
- And Just tell yourself to “keep on running” making “every mile a memory” because you are “king of the road”
- Keep focused, and don’t be an “accident waiting to happen”
- Never give up, and “walk on, with hope in your heart, and you’ll never walk alone”
- If you get tired, keep moving and “walk this way”.
- To avoid “Road rage” make sure you comply to social distancing as you “walk on by” because “I walk alone”.
- After all, you don’t want to “take a walk on the wild side”.
- And whatever you do “don’t stand so close to me”.
- Or you might be “one step beyond” the social distance.
I don’t think I was “Born to run”, but who would think that “I would walk 500 miles” in a month!
Stay strong, stay safe and stay sane.
And follow me on twitter.