Expert Chat is a live chat service from SAP Product Support, and best suited for new medium or high priority issues. It connects you instantly to SAP technical support experts and offers to clarify your questions before filling an incident. In many cases, this service helps to solve your problem and you might be able to continue working with no disruption. It’s available for all support levels and almost all solutions – at no additional cost.
Expert Chat provides:
- Real-time support from an SAP Product Support Expert
- Ability to screen share
- Quicker resolution as compared to an incident created in the Launchpad
Please note that you need to have a valid S user id to access Expert Chat.
Expert Chat Services is accessible through your SAP BusinessByDesign and SAP Cloud for Customer solutions. Read below for steps to start the Chat from the cloud solutions. Click here for FAQ
1. Login as a key-user to the respective Tenant
2. Click Help Center (same process used for reporting an incident)
3. Upon clicking “SAP Expert Chat”, a new chat window opens. Now, Select “New Incident (unreported issue)”
SAP product support requires 3 key information about your technical problem before starting a chat:
- Expert Area where you are facing problems
- System is affected
- Technical problem
Selection details are as follows,
Expert Area selection
Note: If you do not find your product or product area in the list of expert areas, you need to turn to the regular incident channel
Select the system where you are having the issue,
Provide the details of the technical problem
The button will be displayed only if an expert is available to reply to your request. In case all experts for your specific area are currently busy, either try again shortly after, or start a traditional incident.
At the end of the Chat interaction with SAP Support, you may end the chat using “End Chat”. if required, you can save the transcript or send the transcript to e-mail address.
Please take a few seconds and complete below question survey to share your experience with Expert Chat:
If you would like to know, what an Expert Chat session looks, you may also watch this video:
Other Useful Links:
- Refer Product Support portal page for all real time channels offering by Product Support
- Realtime channels – webinars
- Chat should only be used for technical/functional issues with an SAP product, as described in SAP Knowledge Base Article 83020 – “What is consulting – What is support?” and SAP Knowledge Base Article 2706322 – “What is Support – What is Consulting: Cloud Solutions”.
- For other inquiries, use the SAP Community Questions & Answers, or access other resources of the SAP ecosystem
Guidelines specific to application areas:
What are you waiting for? Start Chatting today…