Take advantage of SAP Analysis for Microsoft Office, edition for SAP Analytics Cloud
Already a while ago we introduced the SAP Analytics Cloud edition of SAP Analysis for Microsoft Office, our popular Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint add-in. This edition is compared to the full edition limited regarding the SAP BusinessObjects platform, SAP BPC and EPM capabilities, but it allows everyone to use it as part of the SAP Analytics Cloud license including all core analysis functions.
This enables SAP Analytics Cloud users to analyze and visualize their data directly in Microsoft Excel and enrich it with Excels well known formulas and functions. Since the SAP Analysis for Microsoft Office 2.8 release it is not only possible to explore acquired data models, also the live connections such as SAP BW, SAP HANA or SAP S/4HANA can be accessed. With the latest 2.8 SP2 even SAP BW releases less than 7.5 SP16 are fully supported.
5 steps to get started:
1. Configure your direct live connection in SAP Analytics Cloud:
2. Download and install the latest SAP Analysis for Microsoft Office, edition for SAP Analytics Cloud: Link
3. Start Microsoft Excel and select the Analysis tab. Insert a data source for analysis and per right click create a new connection to your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant. Make sure to enable the live data connection checkbox:
4. After logging on to SAP Analytics Cloud you will find the direct live connections of the tenant:
5. Double-click on it, authenticate at the source system, search for your favorite BEx query, ABAP CDS or SAP HANA calculation view and start analyzing:
Of course, users also want to save and share their insights with others. Currently it is only possible to save the workbook via the Microsoft Excel standard options. Our next goal is to save workbooks directly in the SAP Analytics Cloud file repository and make use of the collaboration, security and sharing functions SAP Analytics Cloud is providing.