SAP FTP CONNECTION
I am writing this blog post for the FTP connection to the SAP ABAP system. While I was configuring the SAP FTP, I haven’t found complete information in a single blog post, So I am writing this blog post.
- FTP credentials.
- SAP GUI credentials with authorization.
- SAP OS access to check IP ports accessibility.
- Network basic understanding.
STEP TO CONFIGURE FTP FOR THE SAP ABAP SYSTEM.
- Check FTP server IP and network Port.
- Note down the FTP IP and port provided by FTP/OS team.
- Telnet FTP server IP on a specific port. The default port is 21.
- Telnet Syntax (Linux & windows): telnet <IP> <PORT>
- Check FTP is accessible from SAP system OS.
- telnet 126.96.36.199 21
- Make sure it will connect.
- Add FTP server entry in SAP Table.
- Maintain FTP entry in SAP table (SAPFTP_SERVERS_V) using tcode sm30
- SAPFTP_SERVER_V is a client dependent table. Add entry in those specific clients who are going to connect to FTP.
- Click on the Maintain button & click on the New Entries button.
- Add IP address, PORT and Description.
- After maintaining entry click on the save button.
- Test FTP connection using SAP standard Program.
- Execute SAP program rsftp002 using tcode SA38.
- Click on the execute button and enter details.
- I am using RFC “SAPFTPA” as FTP is only accessible from the SAP server.
- If the connection is not successful you get the error like below.
- or like below.
- If the connection is successful you will get the output like below.
All screenshots are captured by me.
- The above procedure will also work for the ABAP systems.
- Telnet is a very useful tool to check the service port and its accessibility from the target.
- Check on this link for more details about Telnet information
- SAPFTP_SERVERS_V Table is used to store the information about the allowed FTP server.
- Without entry in this table SAP will not able to establish the connection to the FTP server.
- If maintain * in this table all FTP servers will be accessible.
- FTP server by default runs on port 21, If the port is different so maintain that port in SAP_FTP_SERVER_V.
- Program RSFTP002 is used to test FTP connection and run execute FTP command.
- There are two RFC that we can use to access FTP.
- SAPFTP uses frontend/Local computer internet to access the FTP server.
- SAPFTPA uses backend/SAP server internet to access the FTP server.
Thank you !!!