Have you already discovered our latest feature “TOPICS” on the SAP ONE Support Pilot Launchpad, which helps you to simplify the categorization of your incident? This feature is part of your overall incident management optimization efforts and like the previous improvements, it also results from customer surveys and valuable discussions with our users. Therefore, succeeding our articles Improved incident creation application simplifies your incident creation process and Improved incident creation – try SAP’s new support assistant we’d like to draw your attention to the introduction of an alternative approach to categorize incidents via “Topics”.
We are very interested to receive your input therefore please start using this new feature and participate in the pilot! (At the end of the blog you will see how to participate the pilot)
“Topics” are a simplified, product-based categorization, taking the system and product you’ve selected into consideration:
SAP ONE Support Pilot Launchpad
- Click the tile “Report an Incident”
- You first select a system:
- You select a product which is installed on the selected system.Either via “Recently Used”or via “Products” – if available, you can also select a finer granularity level within the product and also generic areas “Services and Support”:
The selected product and additional level are visualized:
- This will either propose a support assistant or you continue to provide the subject and description in the form:
- You now can either select a newly introduced “Topic” or a classical “Component” via:
a. SAP Suggestions-
Derived by an AIT service
b. Recently Used-
By the current S-User for the selected system
c. Tree selection –
The easy to use collapsible tree structure helps you to navigate through the list of “Topics”:
d. Search Results –
Shows the result in the Tree
“Topics” are a product-based categorization, using the system and product you’ve selected. If you don’t find the “Topic” you are looking for, try reselecting the product above.
The path will also be visualized:
If you are familiar with components, you can of course continue to categorize the incident via component. And even if you chose a “Topic”, the incident will be stored on a component in the background.
What is the exact difference between “Topics” and “Components”?
- “Topic”: Simplified product-based categorization filtered based on the selected Product
- “Component”: Classical component-based categorization without filtering
Availability of changes and improvements with Wave 3:
- Product field: for some products a finer granularity level was introduced in the productive SAP ONE Support Launchpad
- “Topics” and generic areas “Services and Support” in the Product field went live in the related SAP ONE Support PilotLaunchpad
How can you participate and start testing new features?
For interested customers and partners, a special piloting program for the SAP ONE Support Launchpad has been set up. In this program, we offer rollout and feedback sessions where we present new functionality available since the last release, present information around the SAP ONE Support Launchpad, and collect and discuss feedback and ideas with participants. Sessions are held every 6-8 weeks. All interested parties can participate in the pilot without obligations.
In case you would like to get access to categorize your incidents in the pilot landscape via “Topics”, simply send an email to email@example.com containing your name, S-user ID, e-mail address, and name of your company. Please also use this e-mail address if you have questions or would like to share comments.
Check SAP Knowledge Base Article 2903937 for list of products included in the pilot and details on current limitations.
For additional information about further incident management optimization efforts delivered with Wave 3 have a look at this blog: Improved incident management – try SAP’s redesigned incident list, accessed via the new ‘Manage Incidents’ tile.)