You would like to use Analysis Office (AO) as a user interface for SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) but unsure how to configure the connection.
Perhaps you opened AO and went directly to “Insert data source” but a blank screen just popped up.
AO help pages, blogs and more: https://help.sap.com/viewer/product/SAP_BUSINESSOBJECTS_ANALYSIS_OFFICE/220.127.116.11/en-US
1. Use an AO version which supports SAC connection. At the time of writing this was 2.8. Notice the file name AOFFICESAC… This version is for 64-bit but select the correct version for your landscape.
2. Open AO, select “Insert Data Source” and Right-click in the open area
3. The pop-up for adding an SAC connection appears and you can select it
Note: If the option for selecting an SAC Connection does not appear then goto the FILE menu option and select ANALYSIS –> CUSTOMIZE ANALYSIS –> OPTIONS. Under the PLATFORM tab select SAC as your preferred platform.
4. Follow the screens and capture a connection description and the SAC URL. You can also select the check-box to enable connections to LIVE DATA CONNECTIONS. (So that answers that question if you were wondering – yes, live data connections are supported)
5. As you might have expected you need to logon to SAC.
6. After logging on your SAC acquired data models as well as live data connections are exposed and you can select any of them as a data source for AO.
7. On opening the data source an initial screen is presented with source data if available
8. If you select the COMPONENT tab and then the PLANNING tab under properties you will see the write-back system link to the SAC model