SAP Group Reporting Data Collection integrates with SAP S/4HANA Finance 1909 Release
SAP GROUP REPORTING DATA COLLECTION
INTEGRATES WITH SAP S/4HANA FINANCE 1909
We in SAP Product Engineering are happy to announce that SAP Group Reporting Data Collection integrates with both SAP S/4HANA Cloud and now SAP S/4HANA – our on-premise premise offering – from 1909 FSP1 release onwards. Part of SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting, our next generation software for financial consolidation, SAP Group Reporting Data Collection is designed to complement your data collection process either via manual data collection or automatically via data mapping / Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) capabilities.
COLLECT DATA FOR CONSOLIDATION
When you use SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting, most of the data you need to process your consolidation is coming from our universal journal, which combines both accounting data (ACDOCA table) and consolidation data (ACDOCU table) – see the “Data from S/4HANA ERP incl. Central Finance” in the diagram above.
You may also need complementary data for your consolidation, such as:
• Data from other ERP’s not included in SAP S/4HANA Central Finance
• Financial data that does not sit in your ERP’s
• Non-financial, unstructured, qualitative data as well as notes
Embedded with SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting, SAP Group Reporting Data Collection complements your data collection process by enabling your business users to enter this additional data directly in the consolidation table (ACDOCU). With its manual data collection capabilities you can also use SAP Group Reporting Data Collection when you run SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting as a standalone solution.
MANUAL DATA COLLECTION
The Manual Data Collection application in SAP Group Reporting Data Collection is developed to help you manually collect financial and non-financial data directly in SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting’s ACDOCU table, with the following key features:
- Manage Scenarios, helps define your data collection context
- Define Forms and Reports, allows you to design your own reports or forms for collecting financial or non-financial / qualitative data
- Define Ad Hoc Items (“manage data points”), helps define unstructured information you need on selected specific data
- Enter Group Reporting Data, for your business end-users to input consolidation data manually
You can use SAP Group Reporting Data Collection to automate the data load process in ACDOCU. You can use our Data Mapping application to automate the transformation and load process:
- From any external system that can generate CSV files as an output
- From accounting data (ACDOCA) sitting in your own SAP S/4HANA system
- From ACDOCA data coming from different SAP S/4HANA systems
The transformation of ACDOCA data into ACDOCU can be useful for example if you need to harmonize your local accounting directly into your consolidation. Another use case, for instance, could be that you just acquired a company that already uses another SAP S/4HANA system and you need to consolidate it rapidly – before its integration into SAP S/4HANA Central Finance: you can use Data Mapping to do so.
Data Mapping includes the following key features:
- Define your data mapping (i.e. source, transformation, target) in Microsoft Excel and upload your mapping in the “Define Data Mapping” app
- Run your data mapping and load data in the ACDOCU table, selecting either a CSV file or a ACDOCA table as a source
- Logs to check potential errors in your data mapping definition, or errors happening during the import process
INTEGRATION WITH ON-PREMISE AND CLOUD
SAP Group Reporting Data Collection (GRDC) is developed on our SAP Cloud Platform, our platform as a service for creating new apps or extending existing apps in a secure cloud computing environment managed by SAP. The SAP Cloud Platform helps simplify enterprise integration across hybrid, heterogeneous, and large-scale landscapes. In the simplified technical architecture diagram below, you can see how SAP Group Reporting Data Collection uses our SAP Cloud Platform to connect either to SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting on premise or cloud edition.
Since February 28, 2020 SAP Group Reporting Data Collection integrates to SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting on-premise (from 1909 release onwards) via the SAP Cloud Connector. The SAP Cloud Connector serves as a link between the SAP Cloud Platform – where the SAP Group Reporting Data Collection app sits – and the SAP S/4HANA on-premise system. It runs as on-premise agent in a secured network, provides fine-grained control over the SAP S/4HANA on premise system and resources that are accessed by SAP Group Reporting Data Collection. The SAP Cloud Connector also lets you use the features that are required for business-critical enterprise scenarios and can be run in a high-availability setup. The SAP Group Reporting Data Collection integration guide to SAP S/4HANA on-premise is available on our SAP Help Portal here.
As a reminder, SAP Group Reporting Data Collection also integrates to SAP S/4HANA Cloud for group reporting via our SAP Cloud SDK. The integration guide to SAP S/4HANA Cloud is available on our SAP Help Portal here.
SAP Group Reporting Data Collection is a native cloud app, with a bi-weekly release schedule target. It’s also a customer-managed app: you own your configuration, SAP owns and is responsible for the code line.
UNIFIED SAP FIORI UX
From a UX perspective, our SAP Group Reporting Data Collection application is embedded in the SAP Fiori launchpad of SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting. The connectivity to SAP Group Reporting Group Data Collection is transparent for your business users, as depicted in the screenshot below.
For more information on SAP Group Reporting Data Collection, you can refer to our SAP Help Portal:
- SAP Group Reporting Data Collection (GRDC)
- GRDC integration with an S/4HANA on-premise system
- GRDC integration with a S/4HANA cloud system
- SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting release 1909 (on-premise)
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud for group reporting release 2002 (cloud)
Would you like to be informed of the latest news on our next-gen consolidation software, you can follow the tag SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting on our SAP Community.