SAP Construction Project Intelligence Network for the Oil & Gas industry
The Oil & Gas industry is asset intensive and largely project driven. Numerous project types, encompassing capital investments, turnarounds, planned and unplanned maintenance play a vital role. These projects must be managed according to stringent safety and environmental regulations.
SAP´s solutions have a strong footprint in the Oil & Gas project management business area and play a central role in planning, scheduling, coordinating activities and settling all transactions between the business partners. SAP´s latest solution SAP Project Intelligence Network compliments the portfolio with a cloud bases collaborative solution designed to coordinate all relevant steps between the different players.
In the past years, the ISO standards 16739 for BIM (Building Information Modeling) paved the road to a much more efficient collaboration, supporting all activities along complex projects. All relevant construction data is modeled and captured leading to a holistic planning model. Starting with the visualization of the asset and adding project activities, pre-defined workflows, tasks and information such as engineering documents for contractors and suppliers along the project lifecycle. The advantages are compelling: largely improved data base, real-time availability of all data, improved exchange of information and capturing the complete project from the RFI to the close-out process.
SAP is following the open BIM standard to provide connectivity to contractors, authorities, engineering service provides and project owners. The SAP Project Intelligence Network is leveraging SAP´s Multi-Tenant Collaboration Framework to support multi-project collaboration and provide access to all parties based on predefined roles. Imperative is the single source of truth for all participating roles.
The advantages are compelling:
- Control Spend: Lower CAPEX with improved transparency in planned and actual
- Manage Change: Analyze issues, changes in detail to improve decisions and make payments according to approved terms and conditions
- Compliance: Comply with ISO standards with native integration into SAP Intelligent Asset Management
- mprove Resource Allocation: Reallocate resources to optimize your project progress adopting lean construction principles
- Create Common Data Environment: Seamlessly utilize as-built information and improve onboarding of new assets
- Standardize construction master data catalog: Standardize business procedures in the network
- Investment & Construction: Strategically plan investments and continuously monitor construction projects
- Improved Collaboration: Use the power of a business network to collaborate and understand
SAP Project Intelligence Network will be complementing SAP´s project management offerings based on the integration to SAP S4/HANA CPM, PPM and PS. Simple upload from 3rd party scheduling tools as well as work package-specific plans from subcontractors, suppliers or service providers support a flexible usage. The idea of BIM to connect work packages with digital twin objects and leverage a 4D project masterplan becomes reality.
SAP Project Intelligence Network follows the idea of the Intelligent Enterprise including SAP´s Intelligent Asset Management, Visual Enterprise, Asset Central and S4/HANA. The solution is designed to extend the scope with add-ons provided by dedicated application partners. Service and content partners will help customers ensure fast adoption and business process optimization and enrich the solution with external data such as standards, templates and catalogs.
For further questions and early insights please contact the IBU Oil & Gas: Hisham Gouda (email@example.com) and Peter Schlemmer (firstname.lastname@example.org).