SAP Data Intelligence: Next evolution of SAP Data Hub
In order to better meet the needs of our customers we are constantly evolving and innovating our products. Topics related to data integration and data orchestration are evolving at an especially rapid rate as companies need to apply data management strategies not only to their SAP data, but also to their 3rd party data such as streaming data, data from various cloud solutions, IoT, media and other types of data which is required for business processing and data-driven innovation.
SAP Data Hub is a data orchestration and management solution running on Kubernetes, leveraging open source and embedding machine learning capabilities. It was released by SAP in 2017 to deal with big data and complex data orchestration working across distributed landscapes and processing engines, enhancing developer productivity and extracting value from distributed data.
During the last two year’s we’ve seen a lot of customer projects and landscapes evolving towards automated and intelligent data integration embracing machine learning processes.
In 2019 SAP Data Hub was released as managed service on SAP Cloud Platform with the name SAP Data Intelligence. The name SAP Data Intelligence highlights the evolution of SAP Data Hub to operationalize data science and machine learning with the inclusion of the SAP Leonardo Machine Learning Foundation. SAP Data Intelligence provides all the integration, orchestration, metadata management, connectivity and rich services of SAP Data Hub with the services of SAP Leonardo Machine Learning in the cloud. This combination is critical to enable collaboration between IT and data science teams. Data scientists continue to work with the tools they love, while working in collaboration with IT from prototyping to production, ensuring AI and machine learning projects can scale and are managed within IT guidelines. At the same time the development and operation experience for data integration and ML is streamlined.
Furthermore we are now happy to announce the general availability of SAP Data Intelligence 3.0, which extends the cloud version of SAP Data Intelligence to on-premise and BYOL (bring you own license model) deployments. In Tobias Blog you’ll find all the details to the delivered innovations with 3.0.
The key points to understand about this announcement:
- SAP Data Intelligence, cloud edition is available in SAP Cloud Platform. It is available through subscription or Cloud Platform Enterprise Agreement
- SAP Data Intelligence is available as a BYOL (bring your own license) model where it can be deployed on-premise in your own data center, on any hyperscaler public (AWS, Google, Microsoft) or private cloud. Note: We have partners that offer container service platforms, like Alibaba, Cisco, Red Hat, and SUSE, and hosting partners such as Virtustream. Additionally, we have partners providing ready-to-use custom content, which can be imported in your existing SAP Data Intelligence environment. Please see the SAP app center for partner offerings and an overview of supported container platforms in SAP notes 2686169 and 2693555.
- With SAP Data Intelligence 3.0, SAP Data Hub’s existing customers receive all cloud-based machine learning tooling as part of support packages. There is no additional fee or migration required for SAP Data Hub customers. When release 3.0 is applied, the product will be updated to SAP Data Intelligence 3.0 and all new capabilities will be included.
- SAP Data Intelligence will receive periodic updates via on premise support packages and automatic updates to the SAP Cloud Platform service.
Want to learn more?
- Enroll in the openSAP Course: https://open.sap.com/courses/di1
- Check out the blogs in the SAP Data Intelligence community: https://blogs.sap.com/tags/73554900100800002671/
- Explore the interactive use case discovery tool: https://www.sap.com/dataintelligenceusecases
- Register for the interactive demo:
- Request a code jam in your area: https://community.sap.com/events/codejam
- Access white papers, blogs, articles via our product page: https://www.sap.com/dataintelligence
Ps. Keep in mind when you see the name SAP Data Hub, it applies to SAP Data Intelligence as well
Excellent -thank you, Marc!! Great information!
Excellent Post Marc Thank you. Is SAP Data Intelligence available for Trial ?
Hello Hayat, The trial is now availalbe - check out this blog: https://blogs.sap.com/2020/05/15/sap-data-intelligence-trial-edition-3.0/ or go to: https://developers.sap.com/mission.dataintelligence-trial.html
We are in the progress of updating the trial and plan to have something released within th next three weeks. Checkout the trial website.
Do you have more detailed information regarding certified deployment options of SAP Data Intelligence as a BYOL (bring your own license) model on-premise in the own data center or private cloud? The listed SAP notes and PAM don't decribe this installation mode.
Tobias Koebler - can you help with this? The BYOL is the same option available with SAP Data Hub. I would think it is available in PAM. But Tobias will know.
Yes, thats also my understanding. BYOL for the supported K8S version.
you have provided with authentic and good information
Is DataHub running in K8s? Does it support running on K8s or it needs it?
We have it deployed on a Windows VM.