S/4HANA Cloud – Business partner on Sales documents output
Through this blog, we will see how the different business partner functions can be enabled for printing on the different sales documents output – like the sales order and the billing document forms.
I have some business partner functions activated for my sales documents in the S/4HANA cloud system, but not all of them are available for printing on the respective output forms. Is it possible to have this data on the forms? Should I create custom fields and write custom logic to get this data on the sales order and billing document outputs?
While using custom fields is one option to achieve a solution to this problem, there is an easier and standard way available. Business partner data for sales documents can be configured to be available on the relevant output forms. A small configuration done through the SSCUI can enable you to print the requisite business partner data on the form.
Follow the steps below to realize the solution for this requirement
1) Configure business partner for sales documents
In the “Manage your solution” app, navigate to the “Partner Determination” under the SalesàBasic functions.
2) On the next screen, there are configuration steps available for setting up partner determination for different sales documents (sales document, billing document) at header and item levels. For our example, let’s choose the option for setting up partner determination for Billing header. Click on the “Configure” button on this option.
3) Choose the partner determination for Billing document and double click on the “Partner functions in Procedure” option from the hierarchy menu.
4) For our example, let’s add a new business partner function “Project Controller” (Partner function P3). Check the “Print Rel.” checkbox to enable print relevance and provide a print label. Click on “Save” once done to save the configuration.
5) Now that the configuration part is done, we need to check that this new business partner is available on the billing document header. Navigate to the “Maintain form templates” app.
6) Under pre-delivered templates, find the standard billing document form and copy it to a custom template.
7) Download the custom template once created
8) After downloading, open the custom template (XDP) in the adobe livecycle designer. Install the Adobe Livecycle Designer from the “Install new software” app if not already installed.
9) Navigate to the “Data View” tab and scroll down to find the “ProjectControllerPartner” node.
This node is created as a result of enabling the “Project Controller” business partner with the “Print Relevance” option in customizing. Further, to use this node, the relevant field can be inserted in the form and binding can be created to any of the required fields under this node, to display the data on the form as required.
With some simple customizing steps, the business partner data can be made available in the sales document forms, without the need for any custom fields.