How a Conversational AI Chatbot and Intelligent Service Ticketing Help to Increase Employee Productivity
Running over 50 group companies in Japan and worldwide
When manufacturers and builders need quality spring suspension solutions, they turn to NHK Spring Co.,Ltd. Operating a global network out of Japan that extends across Asia, Europe, and the Americas, NHK Spring relies on complex and far-reaching ERP systems to keep operations running.
That means users must get the help they need when IT system issues arise. But the speed with which NHK Spring’s IT service teams could respond was encumbered by manual processes, such as e-mail. The company wanted to explore how intelligent technologies such as chatbots and machine learning could help.
NHK Spring is on the road to streamlining IT incident handling to improve worker productivity and keep the focus on customers.
The SAP Innovation Services organization helped NHK Spring Co.,Ltd. design an intelligent ticketing system and chatbot with SAP Conversational AI services and the SAP Service Ticket Intelligence application to:
• Optimize and improve IT service management (ITSM) processes by reducing manual ticket management and communication and increasing incident-processing efficiency and service-team productivity
• Unify management of ITSM applications with SAP Solution Manager
• Present business users with a simpler user experience when requesting help for IT issues
• Provide instant or automatic incident solution proposals based on the initial information provided by the user
• Reduce the overall number of IT incidents
• Improve user satisfaction
“We were delighted we could implement our chatbot and ticketing system based on SAP Conversational AI and SAP Service Ticket Intelligence in just two months. This major step toward becoming an intelligent enterprise was assisted by experts from SAP Innovation Services.” – Takashi Suzuki, IT Senior Manager, NHK Spring Co.,Ltd.