Prima facie Migration of House Banks to SAP S/4HANA seems to be simple. Sometimes, it creates challenging and interesting issues as we go through the Migration process.
I tried to provide a brief information, relating to House Bank Migration:
- What is New in SAP S/4HANA 1909 (from Migration Cockpit perspective)
- High level SAP S/4HANA Data Model changes relating to House Banks
- Pre-requisites for House Bank Migration
- House Bank Migration
- How to Access House Bank Accounts after migration.
- References/SAP Notes
What is New:
To simplify the migration process, as of SAP S/4HANA 1909, following manual steps are included in Central Migration Cockpit (Start and Monitor Data Migration)
- Activities “Fill in Due Dates in FI Document and Display Status of Filling Due Dates into FI Documents are now executed automatically in the Enrich Transactional Data (ENR) step of the Start and Monitor Data Migration activity.
- Migrate House Bank Accounts now executed automatically in the Migrate House Bank Account (T012K) to Bank Account (CM1) step of the Start and Monitor Data Migration Activity
- Migrate General Ledger Allocations activity now executed automatically in the Migration of the GL Allocations (GL)AL_MIG) step of the Start and Monitor Data Migration activity.
High -level SAP S/4HANA Data Model Changes relating to House Banks:
House Banks in SAP S/4HANA:
- House bank accounts merged into bank account master data. As a part of migration, house bank accounts originally stored in database table
T012Kmoves to table
- After Migration, we can create the House banks using transaction code FI12_HBANK. This transaction code is only for creating the House bank but not Bank Accounts for House Banks.
- Activation of Business Function FIN_FSCM_CLM is not mandatory for Migration of House Banks. (Not full scope of CLM used)
- Some House Bank Related table names
Linkages Between House Bank Accounts and Bank Accounts
Bank Account Type
Bank Account Type Text
Linkages Between Bank Account and House Bank Accounts
Bank Account Master Data
Bank Account Master Data: Text table of Account Descriptio
History for Bank and BP Linkage
Relationship between Bank and Business Partner
Configuration for Bank Account Management
Bank Account Hierarchy
Bank – bank group name mapping
Change request for bank account master data
Change Request:Bank Accounts
Pre-requisites for House Bank Migration
Following flow charts indicates the pre-requisites before starting the Migration/Conversion.
The Bank Account Master Data Processing with Full Cash Management versions including Direct Revision Activate, Dual Control Revision Activate and Workflow Revision Activate, require an additional license for SAP Cash Management powered by SAP HANA.
House bank Migration
House Bank Migration is a part of Migration Cockpit. (IMG>Conversion of Accounting to SAP S/4HANA>Data Migration>Start and Monitor Data Migration.
All the pre-conversion requisites to be completed.
All pre-requisites for executing the Migration Cockpit is completed.
As a part of Migration Cockpit execution, House Bank also gets migrated.
If the errors are relating to pre-delivered content, we can also accept the errors, if we are convinced about the nature of those errors. If it is relating to the Business bank data information, further analysis and fix is required.
Based on the errors during Migration Cockpit execution, we can fix the errors whatever is possible, reset and reexecute the step in Migration Cockpit.
If any errors found during the migration cockpit run, we can also execute the house bank migration manually using Tcode: FCLM_BAM_MIGRATION. This tcode gives an opportunity to see the status traffic light. We can re-execute for the red ones to know any further errors.
After executing the migration, we can also see log in tcode: SLG1 to see the details of the error.
Most of the errors during House bank migration are self explanatory.
SAP Notes, given under references section gives a good idea about House Banks related topics.
Please note, we need to document the process steps followed for resolution of the House bank migration issues and thorough testing is done subsequent to migration. This helps to have a clarity during the next/subsequent cycle runs before the Production run of migration.
How to Access House bank Accounts, after Migration.
House Bank Accounts can be accessed either by Fiori Apps or through NWBC.
We can find the fiori apps in the fiori apps library https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/home
During the initial phase of Conversion/Migration cycles – fiori set up may not be ready, possibly!
This is required only to see the house bank after migration or to set up new house bank accounts for testing.
Technical Team can help us on this set up.
- Set up NWBC
- Activate the following Webdynpro using Tcode: SICF
- Assign PFCG role for example:
SAP_FI_BL_BANK_MASTER_DATAto required users.
- From SAP GUI, use tcode: NWBC
Please refer the below notes and references mentioned within the notes, this helps to understand any issues during migration/conversion to SAP S/4HANA.
- 2162297 – Check Configuration Before Migrating House Bank Accounts
- 2270400 – S4TWL – Cash Management – General
- 2175053 – Trouble-Shooting Note for House Bank Account Migration
- 2873947 – House Bank Account Migration: Prepare account type ’01’ for house bank account migration activity CM1
- 2874558 – House Bank Account Migration: Avoid Internal Database Error of CM1
- 2763559 – FCLM_BAM_MIGRATION error BF00211: “Bank & & does not exist”
- 2463516 – Error FCLM_BAM_MAINT057 – Cannot find configuration for Bank Account Management
- 2824605 – House Bank Account Migration: Number Range Object FC_ACCID Missing
- Fiori Apps: https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/home