How to deploy Eclipse Dirigible in the SAP Cloud Platform Neo environment
Some of the unique features include:
- In-System development
- Low-Code/No-Code development
- Modeling and Generation from templates
- In-App extensibility
- Web IDE
The platform aims to unify open-source business services by providing software developers with a convenient set of tools for building, running, and operating business applications in the Cloud. Dirigible is also part of the Eclipse Cloud Development top-level project.
- Go to https://dirigible.io, navigate to the Downloads section, and download the SAP All edition of Eclipse Dirigible.
If you don’t have an SAP HANA database entitlement available in your subaccount, then you can download the SAP Ephemeral release
- Go to Java Applications, deploy Eclipse Dirigible as a Java application using the ROOT.war file you’ve downloaded in the previous step.
- Before you start the deployed application, create any database bindings, if need. You can do that in Data Source Bindings.
For the SAP Ephemeral release, a database binding is not needed
- Go to Security → Roles to assign the Operator and Developer roles to your user ID.
Note: If you forget to assign these roles to your user, you won’t have the permissions to access the Web IDE.
- Once you’ve assigned the necessary roles, go to the Overview page of your Java application. It’s time to Start the application!
- Once it’s started, open the Web IDE from the application URL.
Now you can start developing your next business application with Eclipse Dirigible
A video with the deployment steps of Eclipse Dirigible in the SAP Cloud Platform Neo environment is available here.