how to use AIF monitor to check and reprocess background RFC in down payment processing on contract
In 2002CE, a new feature of down payment processing on contract has been deliveried.
The down payment billing plan will be used in quantity contract, the sales order can be created based on the quantity contract. After the down payment billing plan is defined in the contract item, it is possible to create down payment request form the contract directly. Then the down payment request can be flowed from SD to FI and generate FI document accordingly. The delivery block on sales order is used to block the order from deliverying by prepaid down payment check. Before the down payment request is fully paid for contract, the sales order which is created from contract cannot be processed for delivery due to the prepaid delivery block. Once the down payment is fully paid by customer, the down payment request is cleared on contract basis and the delivery block will be automatically removed from sales orders. Then the outbound delivery documents will be created from sales orders. Customer invoice will be created from the outbound delivery document afterwards. The final invoice should deduct the prepaid part in the down payment request on contract.
Updating the contract down payment satus and removing the delivery block will happen during posting the down payment request in FI side. To avoid stopping the processing of posting, the changing on contract and sales order will be done in the background RFC. So the AIF is introduced to monitor the messages and execution of background RFC.
- Assign the bussines role SAP_BR_CONF_EXPERT_BUS_NET_INT to the specifix user used to monitor
- Login to the system using the specific user.
- Open APP “Assign Recipients to Users”. Click “Assign” button in the screen, choose the below value in the popup and then click “Assign” button.
- After the user assigned, go back to the homepage and open the APP “Message Dashboard”. In the open screen, find the name space “/SDDP”. The user can set the Date duration as search condition to restrict the records.
- Click the hyperlink with the error number, a new screen will be open. The error message why the process is stopped will be shown for each sales document. After the error is corrected, the user can click “Reprocess” button with the selected document.
- After the reprocess success, the error message and document number will dismiss.
- Back to previous screen, and click the hyperlink with the “All messages” number. The new screen will open. The messages what happened on the contract or sales order will be shown.