Get to Know Your Profile Options, Help Us Get to Know You, and Earn Badges in the Process
If you’ve been a member of this community for a while now, you probably think you know what your SAP profile (https://people.sap.com) has to offer. But I venture there are aspects you are not familiar with yet.
The SAP profile features have grown over the last year or so, sometimes rolling out silently, sometimes mentioned briefly in What’s New. So it’s time to take a closer look, and to put a little time into updating your profile, so we can see you and get to know you better, and so that you can get the most out of your presence here in our community.
To help you learn about all the profile has to offer, today we are introducing a new community tutorial, Updating and Maintaining Your SAP Profile at people.sap.com.
Did you know…
- … about the granular privacy settings that allow you to control the public visibility of certain parts of your profile information?
- … that you can share your areas of expertise by selecting tags, or that you can select 5 of the badges you are most proud of, to display in your badge showcase?
- … that the profile provides controls that let you determine which types of notifications to receive by email or online only or not at all?
- … that it contains not only lists of the content you’ve posted, but also lists of content you follow and tags you follow, too, and that you can sort and filter all of these lists?
The tutorial will help you learn about all these aspects of the profile, and more. And once you’ve completed it, you’ll earn this Profile Savvy badge:
(Please note that it can take up to a week to see this badge in your profile, since it’s uploaded manually.)
After completing the tutorial, spend a little time filling out your profile (or updating it if you already filled it out previously), and you’ll be rewarded with another badge: Hello It’s Me.
To earn this badge, you’ll need to complete these requirements:
- Upload a profile photo (or update your existing one)
- Enter some information in “About Me” (or update your existing information)
- Do at least one of the following:
– Select (or update) your area of expertise, meaning a tag you feel comfortable sharing knowledge in
– Add (or update) your spoken language
– Share your Twitter profile or LinkedIn profile or any other URL in the Elsewhere section (or update that section)
(Note: the Hello It’s Me mission is automated so you’ll earn the badge soon after you’ve completed the requirements.)
I’m sure I don’t need to tell you how important it is in a professional community such as ours to represent yourself with more than a ghost avatar and an empty profile if you want your posts to be seen as credible and valuable. So don’t wait: take the tutorial now, then put your best foot forward by filling out or updating your SAP profile!